Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the BEV 6141 HD receiver is about to launch. It will replace the model 6100. Some of the highlights (thanks to Kusat) are:

• Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with a look and feel based on the model 9242 and “extended” mode allowing for 3 hours of viewing of content and easy to use.
  • Faster access to favourite programs with Enhanced EPG. Up to 3 hours and up to 9 channels of programs per screen through extended EPG options.
  • Advanced single tuner MPEG-2/4
  • Addition of an “All HD” favourites listing.
  • A significantly superior HD experience (all HD favourites),
  • TV outputs are HD and SD based (HD-component/HDMI SD-RCA,S-video)
  • HDMI Digital A/V output for superior Audio/Video connection.
  • The ability to add local digital channels (off-air tuner)
  • HD logo in EPG for HD channels
  • Ethernet Broadband port/USB 2.0 port for future use
  • Incremental primary memory and flash memory to allow for future application development
  • Smaller, streamlined black chassis.
  • price appears to be $299
-Mike

·
Dramatically different than a 6100 then......????

Note the hint of sarcasm in there......

It's nothing more than an MPEG4 version of the 6100, wow.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheer up Nimiq, it was never rumored to be more than that. HDMI, 9242 EPG, MPEG2/4 - what more is there for a basic HD receiver to offer?

-Mike

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can probably find a tetris like game under BEV's Interactive TV service. They have a lot of puzzle type games. There, you don't even have to upgrade to get that. :D

-Mike

·
Registered
461 Posts
I would be interested in this model

:cool: I have a finished basement and I don't want to run a second RG6 cable through the walls. I know about the DDP options but I don't want to go through all that. I think a single tuner HD unit will serve my needs just fine.;)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You understand this isn't a PVR?

-Mike

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Edited nimiq's pic to make it fit better.

Attachments

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Anyone know if you have bought a 6100, can you trade it in for a 6141?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm guess they will not do any trades, seeing as the 6100 will soon be useless for HD
They were being sold for $49 recently at BestBuy, so if you were to trade it in, expect less than that as a credit, maybe around $25?
Just a guess, but I would keep it, and just buy a new one

·
Registered
461 Posts
That has been announced since scrooloose posted that comment on Jan 9/08!
If you were referring to me I just read between the lines when I read that the 6141 would have a USB connection. I just figured eventually they (Bell) would have to open up that feature. When the 9242 was released with the USB not being "active" I just knew they would make a public statement that they would have all these glorius features available (eventually). I have been using a 6100 for over 3 years now and honestly I just wanted to upgrade to another reciever to get the OTA turner that should be better than the one in the 6100. :)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts