Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have all three services with Telus but feel it is time to axe the home phone keeping Internet/TV service.

Sounds simple enough right? but since I've had my landline number for 15 years would like to keep my number and port out to a prepaid cell.

Would it be best to call Telus and request my home phone be transferred to a separate standalone account first to ensure all my services on the same account don't get cancelled?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you don't choose Telus Mobility, talk to your new wireless provider first. They can arrange the number portability thing, and if you call Telus first about this, the rep will spend most of his/her time trying to convince you to stay.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually decided to go with VoIP provider Ooma has really good reviews...one of the few VoIP providers that can port your number for a onetime $40 fee then just $4/month for basic phone service with unlimited Canadian LD :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I second the choice for Ooma, been using them for 6 + months now. No issues. Costco sells their hardware as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts