Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a bit tired of paying 100 dollars for 3 blu ray releases a month from futureshop.

Is there a cheaper option to go? Walmart, Hmv, visions?

They rarely have deals and most decent blu rays are at least 29.99

There has to be somewhere a bit cheaper?

I would prefer not to order online since many of my purchases are impulse if im not busy that weekend I will buy a blu ray.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Big box stores usually have new releases on sale for the first few days. Walmart rarely marks the prices but they do scan lower.

The best prices are Rogers Plus Super Tuesdays (google "Rogers eplus newsletter")

http://www.rogersvideo.ca/newsletter.htm

Our Rogers closed down so I pricematch with FutureShop. They may give you grief saying they don't match 1 day sales, just state their price is only for a few days also.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I usually buy mine from BlockBuster off the previously veiwed shelf. They are only a few weeks old and I never pay more then $15 for a movie.

Greg

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Amazon Canada discounts 30% or more. New releases are typically $20-$25, older titles $10-$15. If you've gotta have it right away, it's going to cost more. The only movies I purchase these days are ones I have seen and like. New release rental and buying only selected titles after the price goes down is much cheaper. For rental deals, you can't beat zip.ca and the local library. It usually takes a few weeks though.

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
If you need to see the movie right away, you can rent it, then purchase it on sale later, either used or at reduced price. After renting, you may not need to purchase.

I have almost no purchased movie DVDs or BDs since I rarely watch something more than once or twice. I have some music DVDs that I watch more often, all purchased on sale or used - I'm a patient person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wait a week or two

I usually buy mine from BlockBuster off the previously veiwed shelf. They are only a few weeks old and I never pay more then $15 for a movie.

Greg
Exactly what I do.
My local Rogers store has a ton for rent on release day. Two weeks later there are lots of previously viewed available for a reasonable price.

DC:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I get most of my new blu-ray movies from Amazon.ca (free shipping on most items over $25). I also shop at BestBuy to get the reward points.
If you can wait a while or for older ones and don't mind previously viewed, try the BeatGoesOn, Blockbuster, Rogersvideo.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts