Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the best Satlink meter that will help me install my C-Band and Ku-Band dish.
Right now, I have to lug up so much equipment to be able to tune it that it is for one, not safe and 2, big pain in the butt when I barely see my tiny B/W TV screen.

I am looking for a meter that will do DVB-S and S2. Problem I see right not is some meters do HD using Mpeg4 and others using Mpeg-2.

Which one would be better for me, the WS-6918P or the WS-6922?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I don't like any of the meters that include a TV, I prefer a tried and true full on Satellite Meter.

I would recommend the Super Buddy or Super Buddy 29.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Have never used one, but I hear the sathero sh200 is supposed to be good.
Just checked and looks like drsat carries them.

·
Registered
928 Posts
If you have a few g's you can grab a pro Spectrum Analyzer, or just call the pro's to align your dish with one. Any place that installs or maintains the cable co's should have one with the knowledge to use it.

·
Super Moderator
6,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a few g's and I have such a weird setup that it would confuse even the pros!!!!

I am looking at the sh200 but am still undecided. I need something that will tell me which sat I hit hence the reason with a screen, I can tell what I'm seeing. I have a digital sat finder but it just tells me when the signal is there. Very basic and quite frankly, useless. :eek:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
See if you can borrow a Super Buddy.

I just helped at a location last week with mine. They were using a cheap digital meter and had 100% signal but the Bell Receivers were showing 0. They had swapped one receiver thinking it was faulty.

I arrived, hooked up the Super Buddy, it showed 100% signal, I pressed "ID", it failed for Nimiq 91, then pressed "scan", it did its' magic and showed that it was aimed at 101 West, I believe that is a DirecTv Bird.

It makes life so easy, when you know what you hit and which way to move the Dish.

·
Banned
1,190 Posts
The SH200 positively ID's the orbital position of most satellites assuming that this info is being sent in the currently selected transponder. This feature works well for any of the Echostar, Nimiq and several other satellites.

However, there is also a "SCAN" button which will show the channel names on the currently locked transponder when pressed.

With the combination of these two features, the risk of being aimed to the wrong satellite is minimal with the SH200.

Regards,

Dr. Sat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts