Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Best non-monster HDMI cable

146K views 132 replies 87 participants last post by  AUDIA8MAN 
#1 ·
I need a good HDMI cable about 8' long....I was in best buy and the only one they have is one from Monster for about $250....and not nearly 8' long.

$250 is just downright stupid for a cable....what's a good alternative for a reasonable price?

#132 ·
We are doing a half-house gut to the walls renovation and while I was attracted to Monoprice's prices on longer HDMI cables, I decided to buy a Belden based 35' cable from Blue Jeans Cable. Looks great, tests ok, going in the wall today.

One thing that swayed me was I could get overnight shipping from Seattle to Vancouver for 29 bucks; FedEx with HST prepaid means no customs delay. Called BJC mid-day Monday to order the 35' HDMI and a 35' optical and woofer cable (a splurge) which they made up on the spot and all arrived on Tuesday. Given their shipping is faster and more reasonable than Monoprice (for heavier items) the cost was very competitive with Monoprice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.