Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can you suggest a good HDMI 1.3 cable for Blu-ray player?

I've read those sticky threads, and watched the CBC video clips. So I am not going with Monsxxx. Any suggestions? I need a 6ft HDMI cable. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
HDMI over CAT5 can be accomplished for lenghts up to 200' however, you are talking in the area of 500$. GOOGLE HDMI over CAT5 to see your options.

Cheers!
René

·
Registered
57 Posts
Samsung LN46A650 - HDMI Cables?

Hello all,

Not sure if this thread has already been posted but I'm planning on buying this LCD TV soon and was wondering which mid-range HDMI cable would be best suitable - I'll need only a 6-ft cable at best.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
286 Posts
You Tell me what to buy and ill buy it :D

I will be purchasing a Samsung 46A550 and a Shaw HD PVR. I just need someone to give me a direct link to what cable I should order to connect the two since I know not to buy Monster from what ive read here cause its overpriced.

Give me a link to something not to expensive and not cheap. Something solid. Ill go upto $50 if i have to. 6 FT should be good.

Ill probally purchase two since ill get a DVD player somewhere down the line and I assume its best to use HDMI cable to hook that up also.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Any cables that is certified as HDMI 1.3B an HDCP compliant should be good enough.
1.3b is overkil. I don't think i'll ever own any equipment that needs it. Maybe some of you will live longer.

1.3a will work fine for what the poster was asking for. and they're cheap at monopricecom

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Best non-Monster HDMI cable on the market place

I need a good HDMI cable about 8' long....I was in best buy and the only one they have is one from Monster for about $250....and not nearly 8' long.

$250 is just downright stupid for a cable....what's a good alternative for a reasonable price?
I have recently use this HDMI 9000 series 25ft cable as a birthday gift from my friend who work for professional audio video shop in downtown to hook up my Sony Playstation 3 to my new 52" Sony BRAVIA® XBR® LCD Flat Panel HDTV ( Model Number: KDL-52XBR7 ), I was impress the quality by this HDMI 9000 series 25ft cable. I have compare the Monster Cable ( M1000 HDMI Cable in 25ft ) which I was using it before on my the same setup. The color from from my tv is now much sharper and better in vidid color than before by using this 25ft HDMI 9000 series cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for 40 meter or 50 meter ( 135ft or 165ft ) HDMI cable can support 1080P signal. Can anyone tell me where can I buy this long HDMI cable? I have been search around but I can't find any store include Monster cable and Ultra Link cable. I have write several email to both Monster cable and Ultra Link cable, but I don't have any luck. Help Help Help!!!
Hi Jasoon68, I have the HDMI 9000 series cable on Google, and it support from 4ft all the way to 200ft length for HDMI cable, and they are several places where you can buy it both online and locally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cheap HDMI Cables in Canada

Following the advice of others on this site I purchased an 8 ft. premium HDMI cable (HDMI-AA1S-06) last week from Infinite Cables in Ontario, Canada.. For less than $15.00 I thought 'what a deal, eh.' Well, I got it the next day, plugged it in, and it doesn't even work! How's that for 'you get what you pay for.' My first cable from these guys and also my last! Their e-mail response was "this was a once in a blue moon occurrence but with 'a return rate of 1 per 1000 cables'!! Not too impressive! So buyer beware! I think I'll stick with my Monster cables from now on!!

·
Premium Member
9,237 Posts
... I purchased an 8 ft. premium HDMI cable (HDMI-AA1S-06) last week from Infinite Cables ... For less than $15.00 I thought 'what a deal, eh.' Well, I got it the next day, plugged it in, and it doesn't even work! How's that for 'you get what you pay for.'
Hmmm...I don't understand why you're surprised, and I don't see how this is justification for overpaying for Monster cable. Out of curiosity, I searched the "Cables, Power Bars, Surge Suppressors and Switches" forum for "infinite" and found only one post (vs. numerous posts for Blue Jeans Cable and Monoprice, among others). May I ask: What made you decide to go with Infinite Cables rather than one of the other well-regarded distributors?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
May I ask: What made you decide to go with Infinite Cables rather than one of the other well-regarded distributors?
That is a good question. monoprice is by far the most recommended place by members here on this site. I switched to using monoprice for all my cables based on this site and have been very pleased with their HDMI cables and service to this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Infinite Cable purchase

Quote: Hmmm...I don't understand why you're surprised, and I don't see how this is justification for overpaying for Monster cable. Out of curiosity, I searched the "Cables, Power Bars, Surge Suppressors and Switches" forum for "infinite" and found only one post (vs. numerous posts for Blue Jeans Cable and Monoprice, among others). May I ask: What made you decide to go with Infinite Cables rather than one of the other well-regarded distributors?

Well, Eljay, I have seen many posts for monoprice cables but I assumed it was American and I thought I would support a Canadian store. Since then, I have purchased 3 brand new Monster M1000 HDMI cables on e-bay for $40.00 each. This is an awesome price for an awesome cable and they are warrantied for life! I am a happy camper now and believe you really do 'get what you pay for.' As a side note: Infinite Cables did allow me to return the cable - collect - and refunded me every cent including the overnight shipping after finding it defective. I still will never buy or recommend buying a cable from this company again though! Just my 2 cents worth!

·
Registered
385 Posts
sharkwl said:
I have purchased 3 brand new Monster M1000 HDMI cables on e-bay for $40.00 each. This is an awesome price for an awesome cable
While that is much less than what overpriced Monster cables usually cost, I wouldn't call it an "awesome price" because you would get the same result and performance with a Monoprice cable for 1/10 of that price. Monoprice cables are excellent quality, very robustly built.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts