Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
Ya I've tried that, but the discount disappeared on the next billing cycle, and I lost the $20 bundle discount and had to call multiple times to get it reinstated and ended up paying more that if I had bothered. I might as well switch to Telus, because their monthly rate for phone+internet is actually lower and I don't have to play games to get a better deal.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My neighbor phoned Telus because of the phone offer from Shaw. She ended up with television, ADSL & phone for a total of $30, guaranteed for 12 months. And no contract. I didn't ask her what the ADSL level was, but she is getting HD channels, plus 300 minutes of free long-distance. I imagine there would be a similiar kind of offer from Shaw?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I find that by calling up shaw and saying that you are want to remain a customer, but telus/bell is offering you X to switch, can you match that? The vast majority of times, they will match. They are generally aware of competitor's promos and have a corresponding deal that they will offer you. It won't be the super, ultimate deal that some people get, but it will be competitive with the competition's promos.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The 10-10-10 deal from Telus is pretty good but I haven't heard of anyone getting an equivalent deal from Shaw, yet. I suppose Shaw could 'bundle' all their 'basic' services and match this but I wouldn't think too many people would be satisfied with it. I know I have been given a 'deal' of $79.95/mo for 12 months for all three services but that is for T1, 2 and 3 with HD Plus and Full Shaw Phone. Apples have to be compared to apples and I sort of have a taste for oranges.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.