Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about moving my TV service and I was wondering if you would share what kind of deals you have from Shaw.

I currently have Shaw Direct, MTS Internet, and MTS phone. I am thinking about either moving my TV over to MTS, or moving all three over to Shaw.

What I like about MTS is the Whole Home PVR thing. I have 3 HDTV's and I don't want to have to buy 3 HDPVR's.

Any ideas on what kind of deal I can get from Shaw? Any killer promotions that are not advertised?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Your best bet is to just call your local Shaw office and ask what they can offer you. Hold out for as much as you want to make you happy as Shaw in Manitoba seems to be very competitive. Let them know what you have now after they offer you their best deal and see if they throw anything else it. If you are pleasant and persistent you might be surprised what you will be offered. Some of the best deals are 'one of' offers to those who ask.

Good luck and be sure to report by letting us know what you are offered and if you decided to go with them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have digital phone lite, extreme internet, full cable, about 7 pick and pay SD channels, local timeshift, Movie Central and all HD except Superchannel for 135 a month for a year, with the first month free. This was a deal to get me to switch my phone and internet from telus. They also offered a free HDPVR rental for a year, but I declined that as I already have PVRs for my TVs.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just got a deal for my niece (new subscriber) that is Digital TV with the "free" Shaw HD, High Speed internet and Shaw Phone. It includes a one year free HD-PVR rental and a standard DCT box.

Total is $79.95/mth for a year.

This is a "come back to Shaw" mailer sent to "current occupant".

Vis

·
Registered
462 Posts
about a year and a half ago, i had sasktel. i emailed shaw on there web page and they gave me a all in deal it was worth over 200 with the phone net and TV they offers this to me for 70 bucks tax in for the first 6 months.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have Shaw Basic Cable, HD Plus, regular HSI, Shaw Digital Phone Basic, and Free LD within USA/Canada; all for $71.95/mo for 12 months . I also have Movie Central free for one month, and 2 PVRs (both of which were purchased full price).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got hd plus with full digital cable, regular high speed internet, and the shaw digital phone basic for 56.95 a month for 12 months,

·
Banned
181 Posts
I have Shaw Digital Phone basic with NA LD, Shaw Extreme Internet and Shaw cable not sure what it is called (11 free HD channels as I only watch HD) all for 59.95. Also the new DCX 3400 is free for a year. I also have kept my Bell Sat I have a retentions offer for 5 more months. At that time I may switch to Shaw totally.....movies and all the HD etc... if the Bell does not come with another retentions offer.

·
Registered
693 Posts
UPdate to my earlier post

Shaw did the install and gave my niece two HD-PVRs free for one year. One 3400 and one 3416. Tech said he forgot the 700 and gave her the 3416 instead after calling head office.

GREAT deal!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got full digital with "HD Plus" for $40 for 6 months and a free HD box (no PVR) for life. They also gave me Movie Central for 2 months as well as one of the international channels for a month.

Not sure why I got an extra month of Movie Central but I don't mind watching the rest of "Pillars of the Earth" lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You would have had some amazing promotions if you called within the last few days however Shaw's fiscal Year just ended today so the promos may not be as extreme as they have been.

·
Registered
25 Posts
While this likely doesn't work for most people... I havn't seen any information on it so I thought I would post.

I recently bought a new home and Shaw dominated the competition. It's called their "Welcome Home" package.

Digital phone basic, high speed, the basic digital and HD packages, free 500GB pvr rental for a year, free digital terminal rental for a year. 29.95/month for 1 year. Added extreme I for $10, and will likely add some HD packages in the future. Ability to purchase PVR for 50% off.

Now... a year from now we'll see how I do when I try to keep the discount :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just moved into an apartment and am interested in getting shaw. Basically, i want the cheapest deal available that includes cable and internet. A package that can give me all the local stuff, maybe some news channels(CNN, CBC news, CTV news, and hopefully MSNBC though i know they were in a specialty package before when my family had shaw) and comedy stuff. Along with a decently fast internet connection.

My parents live about 3km away so if i want to do any large downloads or watch anything special i can always drive to theirs and mooch off their package(full featured MTS package)

So what would you guys recommend? I'm looking at their promo 411 which includes digital cable for $19.99, and highspeed internet-lite for $15... I was hoping i could keep it cheaper, or maybe get significantly more for a bit more cash.
Should also mention i already own the digital boxs and wireless router... All i really need hardware wise is the internet modem.(Me and roommate already exclusivly use cell phones, so them adding a home line isnt an incentive to me.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pay $19.99 for regular highspeed and digital basic for the first 6 months. I'm going to give them a call before it is up and see if they will extend it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@abu_sme
That sounds like a pretty good deal.
When you call to renew, can you ask what promo code was used?
My apartment lease is only 10 months(took over a sublet) so even if i only get the deal for 6 months, thats fine.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
@abu_sme
That sounds like a pretty good deal.
When you call to renew, can you ask what promo code was used?
My apartment lease is only 10 months(took over a sublet) so even if i only get the deal for 6 months, thats fine.
By chance are you or your roommate a student? If so there are some amazing student offers if you call in about that. They require proof of being a student like a student ID but it would be cheaper for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
darn... I just finished my schooling, and my roommate does not start his electrician course for another 4 months. I dont know if they would qualify as 'schooling' though, since its at a tech school.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
A good way to get a short term discount is to call and tell them you are looking at switching to another service. (Don't tell them Shaw Direct, obviously). If you haven't received any 'loyalty' discounts in the recent past, they will likely offer you a considerable discount to 'stay with Shaw'. If you are persistent about it, you might be surprised at what you can get: free internet for a year, free HD Plus for 3 or more months or other discounts on your bill. There seems to be no limit to what they can offer, you just need to be polite and keep asking if they can offer you anything else to keep you as a customer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.