Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am sure this question is asked a billion times and I am sorry to ask it again. I did try and search for answers, but I wasn't able to find specific, up to date information.

I share internet and have a phone through shaw. The people I am sharing with are in the suite below me and are moving out. I would like to go to Telus. I am not interested in any of the television packages, but I want both my home phone and internet through them.

I need to have call display and voice mail on my phone line, but don't want any of the other features (including long distance).

The download cap on high speed light is way too low for me, but I am hoping that the next one up would work. Currently my download speed tops out at roughly 1.1MB/s. I certainly don't want to go any slower than that.

I don't want a contract.

What should I expect to pay? I want to call with enough knowledge to optimize my chance at getting the best deal.

Thank you for your information and time.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Look up the posted prices for the services you want, on TELUS.com.

Bundle discounts are very simple to calculate. You get $5/month discount for each bundled service you receive. In otherwords, if you just had phone you would receive no bundled discount as you have only one service, if you have phone and internet you get $10/month bundled discount off of the regular prices, if you have phone, internet and TV you get $15/month bundled discount off of the regular prices. There may be promotions etc that could reduce the price further, but they may have conditions attached, such as Service Agreements (contracts) and will last for various lengths of time depending on the product and/or the promo.

Thats how it works.

Here are the current prices I could find

- High Speed Turbo 25
Download at speeds up to 25 Mbps Starting from $63/month in a bundle.

What you get
Connecting Media included
10 email accounts (includes webmail)
250 GB/month download/upload usage
2 dynamic IP addresses
TELUS Security Services
24/7/365 Technical support
Personal Webspace

________________________________________________________________________________

- High Speed Turbo
Download speed: 10 - 15 Mbps
Limited time offer from $20/month for the first 6 months ($47/month thereafter) in a bundle

What you get
125 GB/month download/upload usage
2 dynamic IP addresses
TELUS Security Services
Personal Webspace

High Speed
Download speed: 1.5 - 6 Mbps
$34/month in a bundle

What you get
75 GB/month download/upload usage
2 dynamic IP addresses
TELUS Security Services
Personal Webspace

High Speed Lite
Download speed: 1 Mbps
$25/month in a bundle

What you get
Modem rental
1 email accounts (includes webmail)
13 GB/month download/upload usage
1 dynamic IP addresses
TELUS Security Services
Personal Webspace

Lowest cost phone - Home Phone Package 1‡
$21/month in a bundle

What you get
Unlimited local calling
LD - 4¢/minute calling within Canada, to the U.S. and 50 international destinations
1 calling feature (voice mail, caller ID etc)

‡Available only to clients in deregulated local service areas. Check if your local service area is deregulated.

This is taken directly from the current TELUS.com webpages. Offers have time limits.

The best way to find prices is to go to http://www.telus.com/ and click on the appropriate product tab, or call in (310-2255) and ask, keeping in mind the previously stated bundled discount of $5/month per service is standard, and that there may be further price reductions available depending on what you're looking for, and what promos are offered.

- another TELUS tech

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hp +1 is now 25 a month in a bundle, 30 a month without one.

If you have the old 21/26 plan they won't change it unless the version gets updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts