Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting a cellphone or possibly a cheap internet tablet for on the go internet. I have a crappy work cell phone thats all paid for so I definitly do not need a voice plan.

I'm kind of stumped in what direction to go... I've done some reading and found that there are data plans for prepaid phones for $10 a month, though they are limited to non smartphone use. I've found the Nokia 5800, (though technically a smartphone), is allowed on the rogers $10/mnth UMB plan. Would this provide a decent web browsing experience for a pricey $200? Also looking at a Nokia C3 for $70 or a LG Xenon for about $80 on ebay. I'd mainly use it to view forums like this one and gmail. I'm concerned the tiny screen will be a problem as I've never used a phone to browse before.

My other option would be a tablet like device such as an archos or nextbook and trade off the need for a wireless hotspot for a much bigger screen.

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
72 Posts
The decision ultimately comes down to you but why would you consider a phone device instead of a tablet for browsing only? You would probably have to pay for data transfer usage on the $10 plans.

I think the decision would be pretty simple for me in the selection of a tablet and something like a Rocket Stick or Turbo Stick for anywhere connection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts