Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
For comparison, I went for a cheap, functional Android. I picked up an LG Optimus One from Koodo back in April...after taking into account the gift card I got, but also paying off the Koodo Tab, the thing cost me $100 (I'm sure it would be less now)...I got it unlocked and inserted a PC (Presidents Choice) Mobile SIM card...while their phone calls are pricey at 20c/min, what I really wanted it for was the data which is $10/month for 100MB or $25/month for 500MB.

I've bought two non-contract cell phones this year...both are now unlocked and I can't imagine being locked in by the big boys again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm using the Alcatel Tribe on Wind and, so far, I like it a lot.

That being said, it's my firstr Android and I have pretty basic needs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I myself have an Optimus T from T-Mobile unlocked to use on Mobilicity. The stock ROM for the phone is ok on Froyo (2.2), but if you root it and install Gingerbread (2.3) on it, it makes the phone fly. I'm using the Cyanogen custom rom for the phone.

For $250 to buy it, ship it, and unlock it. it is definitely worth the money. No problems with it.

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We got my son an HTC Panache on Mobilicity. He loves it.

I can't really compare since I haven't had a lot of experience with Android Phones but it seems like a great phone when I've used it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts