Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

601 - 620 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Remote Code For Vizio Soundbar

Just purchased a Vizio SB3621N-E8 soundbar and haven't found any Aux remote codes yet that work on the Bell 6.4 IR/UHF Pro remote.

Does anyone have this sound bar and had any luck to get your remote to work with it?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Remote Code For soundbar... read post for more details

Hey-im not sure if this is posted in the correct place since I have not posted here in a while. But anyways I need some help. I have a bell satellite remote version 5.4 IR and I attempted to program this remote with my 37inch Proscan soundbar, however I'm unable to find a code in the manual and by the code search function. Can someone help me out with finding the codes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bell remote operates Insigna tv

It does work.
Bell satellite remote, press TV button, then power button, then keep pressing the up channel button until the TV goes off, then press # key.
Wait 3 seconds, press power button twice. Test volume and it works, then press SAT button for sat channel selection etc. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I tried this with a Fluid TV and never did get it to work. When you say "press up channel" do you need to repeatedly press or just hold it down?

·
Registered
16 Posts
9242 remote question

I posted earlier, but no answers:frown
What I am wondering is will the new remotes that say IR 20.1 or 21.1 work in IR mode on a 9242?
Current remotes are just plain getting worn out.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
IR works but not UHF on Bell Remote 6.3

Coming to the experts on this one...

I'd like to add a 4th remote to my 9242 receiver. I have a spare 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remote and when I go through the usual hold SAT button, enter remote address thru sys info screen, #, then RECORD, it changes the primary remote address NOT the secondary remote address? And yes I've changed the chip to #2 UHF PRO on the remote physically.

Anybody experience this before?

THanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Change the address in the remote to match the other remote instead of changing the receiver to match the remote then both will function.
To change the remote address hold the sat button until all lights blink. Enter remote address and press #. Light should blink to confirm.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Press and hold the sat button until lights blink.
Then press # #(that's # pressed 2 times) and count the blinks. That is the address of the remote.
If you do the first part correct this will confirm your setting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, it confirms the new address. Still, it seems to only want to control via IR.

My primary is set to 1 and secondary is set to 7. When I do the check (Sat, # #) it blinks 7 times. The chip on the bottom is blue 2 (UHF PRO) with the other side being black (UHF). The inside switch is set to 'A'.

Any other ideas? Get another remote off of Amazon?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
All I can say is try the chip the other way and you don't need to go through the hold the sat button just press the record on sys info screen.

If all else fails try changing the other remote to be unit 2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good call... I made it the primary on my 9242 and switched my other remotes to be UHF on the secondary. Thanks for your patience and suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BellSat. Tv remote code

We just purchased a RCA RT4038-G 40” led tv.
We have Canadian Bell Satellite tv with the bell 6131 HD receiver.

The issue is the code for the remote. I’ve tried all the RCA codes on the bell website and even tried the code rolling technique( power and pressing up and down until the TV turns off), unfortunately with no luck.

Has anyone experienced this before. I’m assuming that it may be too new for the remote to interface with.

I’m hoping someone had found a code that may work, possibly for a different manufacturer.

I believe the TVs are made by Curtis but I tired their codes as well, no luck.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking for a Television Sound Bar where the volume can be controlled directly by a Bell (Sat) TV IR remote. I've tried two different Samsung sound bars (it's a Samsung TV) but the remote doesn't seem to have the right code for any of them. The TV is an older model and doesn't support TV Connect or whatever you call that feature.

I tried connecting an HDMI cable back to the Samsung Sound Bar from the TV and that almost worked except that every time I powered off the devices, the sound bar came back on in expecting to use the optical in. It wouldn't remember that I am using HDMI and I needed to use the sound bar remote to change it back. Very frustrating.

This might not be the best thread but I just want something simple that the Bell TV remote has a compatible IR code with.

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
56,431 Posts
What happens if you connect an optical cable from the TV (in addition the the HDMI for HDMI-CEC) to the sound bar and tell the TV to use the "external speakers"?

Perhaps you could try a different sound bar manufacturer that's more "mainstream" for audio-video, like Yamaha? You should be able to take the remote to the store and have it run through the "scan" feature until you find a sound bar that it will control?

·
Registered
83 Posts
With an LG sound bar and LG TV, the codes are identical,
and when the optical goes off, so does the sound bar.
(Using standard SHAW remote)
'Use External Speakers' merely mutes the built-in speakers, non-functional Volume
indication still appears on the screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6131 remote / AV control

Just curious if anyone has been able to get a 6131 remote pared to an Anthem MRX 700 receiver ? Controlling volume is all I’m really after . Bell does not offer codes for Anthem . I’ve had no luck with contacting Anthem directly for codes , and have tried programming the remote manually. I pressed the scan ( up ) button about 100 times with no reaction .

601 - 620 of 642 Posts