Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

581 - 600 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Is there any known way to change the tv input while still being in sat mode? Like a macro or something? I know how to do it with rogers remotes but not bell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Paulo for the reply. When you say "program" are you referring to the following steps:

1. display sys information
2. press hold aux button
3. press the 3 button
4. enter remote address (its 1 for TV1 and 7 for TV2)
5. press #
6. press record button

If I follow the steps above and enter 7 for step 4 it will over-write the 1 for TV1. Can't seem to get it to go to TV2. The tab on the bottom of the 6.4 remote has "UHF Pro" on one side and "UHF" on the other.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Sorry I don'y remember exactly how I did it but I do know ! have 2 working UHF remotes on the same remote address

·
Registered
8 Posts
I figured it out... with the help from another forum but just in case anybody else stumbles into this issue. The key difference is holding the SAT button instead of the AUX button for the third remote and no need for step 3 above...

You need to go into system info, first. Either hit Menu, then 6-1-3 or turn the receiver off and hit the system info button inside the right panel on the front of your 722.

Then, hold down 'sat' key on your remote until all the lights flash. Release. Hit any number between 1 and 16, then hit # key (this sets the address to the remote). THEN hit your record button on the remote and you will see the blue TV2 remote channel number change on the system info screen. Htting the record key sends to new remote address to the receiver.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I am trying to reprogram the AUX to operate a second bell box. I found the instruction that said to press and hold the button until all blink, press 3 then the box code then #. I want the box code to be 2 so I press 32 and # but I don't get flashing and it doesn't change.

Never mind I got it you need to put 3 02 to get code 2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remote Programming Issue

HI I recently am experiencing problems with my 9242 remotes. When in single mode they BOTH work BOTH TVs so I am forced to watch same station on both TVs.... not preferred. So I switch to Dual mode in the hopes that remote 1 and remote 2 will work separately TV1 and TV 2 respectively and allow independent viewing on each.. But thats not the case.
In single mode both remotes control both tvs so each one is alway s on the same channel. (not desired) BUT if I switch to dual mode remote 2 does not work with either TV. My understanding is in dual mode I should be able to control TV1 with remote 1 and TV 2 with remote 2. Allowing the viewing of different channels on each TV. I have already programmed the remotes with 2 different addresses so I am confused now.
Any thoughts??
Scott

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know if a Dish Network 40.0 remote will work with a Bell 9241?

Im looking at getting a new remote for my 9241 since the one i have right now is pretty worn out (ink on buttons, plastic on remote half gone, dents in the remote, etc). I was looking at the Dish Network 40.0 IR/UHF pro remote as a replacement since Bells remotes are very outdated by design. Can anyone tell me if this particular remote will work with my 9241?

·
Registered
16 Posts
9242 UHF remote stopped working

Hey guy & girls,

So last night night my wife was in bed watching tv on tuner 2. Everything worked properly she said. Then this morning we go to put the weather on and the same remote now doesn't work. It will still control the tv and the lights all go on when a button is pressed, but nothing when it comes to controlling the receiver. I have tried to reset/repair the remote and receiver but it always takes the remote one address instead of #2. I even tried a second 9242 UHF remote (2) on it and it did the same thing. So right now we can watch tv in the sitting room and control the receiver with the IR remote(1), but nothing on the bedroom one. Could it be the dreaded caps that need to be replaced?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
If it was caps it would affect both remotes since caps are in the receiver. Also caps affect reception not the remotes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would doubt that Caps are your problem.Did you reset Receiver and start from scratch and reprogram remotes.After that if you are sure that the remote works properly with strong batteries,the small UHF Antenna well connected and after a dozen try well then something is probably wrong at the receiving end.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Adress 1 is IR and Adress 2 is UHF.Two different families.Don't understand how your UHF Remote would change your Address one unless the tab of the remote has been flipped to the black side.i have programmed many Remotes and never encountered such a problem.Did you do a Factory reset of the Receiver to rule out any software bug?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know it's a weird one. I did a reset and nothing different. I'll try another reset tomorrow. How the uhf is taking over address#1 is crazy

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Was the remote dropped? Maybe the switch that tab changes when flipped has been damaged.
Maybe take the tab out and flip then flip it back. This will toggle the switch. If it has a bad contact the flip could clean it up.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just got a new bell remote for my 6400HD receiver. I had no problem pairing remote with receiver. The problem I have now is that my Bose 15 Solo universal remote no longer works. I can get it to turn on the TV and volume up and down but it will not do any Bell function like bring up the guide and menu etc. I have tried re-programming the Bose remote using the codes provided in the Bose guide but none of them work.

Has anybody run into this problem?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Did you change the address on the 6400 to match the remote or the remote to match the 6400. I suspect the first. Put the 6400 back to its original address and change the remote to match it.

581 - 600 of 645 Posts