Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
9241 remote

I have a 9241 Remote (6.3/152101) and am wondering if anyone knows how to program a master power feature for my satellite receiver, TV and A/V receiver all with just one push of the power button to turn it all on and off??

Thanks,
New to Bell TV today. Shaw Direct has lost one more customer !

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
What you ask, cannot be done with the Bell Remotes, you would need a Harmony or similar to do this.

·
Super Moderator
56,464 Posts
Just as an FYI, the Atlas remotes that ship with SA equipment and a lot of the Motorola STBs do have this capability. It's called "master power" and any of the devices programmed into the remote can be powered up or down using one button press once the "master power" has been set. (There are certain limitations - Devices like Yamaha AVRs that have discrete codes for on and off can only be powered on or off, however most devices with working codes do respond properly)

http://www.urcsupport.com/#

·
Registered
4 Posts
For my A/V sound system, I'm using an Yamaha HTR6130B. For the moment, I'm able to program the Bell remote to a way that I'm able to control the A/V sound Volume with it. But I'm not able to turn my A/V ON or OFF with the Bell remote. I'm sure that the brilliant idea that Yamaha had to make Two different buttons to control the powering, one button that turn the A/V ON and and another that turns it OFF, doesn't help a lot to make my A/V system Universal-remote friendly. So I'm trying to find a code or way so I would be able to make the remote and my A/V system to work better together. I would like at least to be able to turn my A/V on and off with it on top of been able to control the volume. I'm using the 5.3IR remote 146191.

·
Super Moderator
56,464 Posts
Many Yamaha (and some other) AVRs utilize discrete codes for the on/off function. Therefore the typical remote that comes with other equipment will not do this, since there is only one "power" button. This was mentioned in post 31, right above yours.

You'll need to consider a Harmony or similar remote to do this, or be satisfied with the volume functionality. Some remotes are "learning" remotes, in that they can be taught any command to any key, but I don't think the BTV remotes have this functionality?

Check out the following post, useful for those new to this forum - FAQs, Search Tips, Optimization, etc:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use 9242 Remote to Control 5800 Receiver

Hi,

My remote for the 5800 is on the fritz and bought a 9242 #2 remote because it seemed like a better remote.

Doesn't seem to work on the 5800 is there something I can do to correct this?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Does the 5800 remote have a green tab at bottom of remote? If so take the tab out by taking battery cover off and using your nail or coin to push up the tab. They take out the blue tab on 9242 remote and put green tab in. Go to sys info screen and press and hold rec button till lights flash.....enter a code ex. 01 then hit # and record once.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
9xxx remotes (UHF Pro 6 models) are not RF compatible with 5xxx remotes. You could try flipping the tab so it says "1" instead of "2". (That just flips a hidden switch in the remote.) Some remotes also have an A/B switch in the battery compartment. It might be worth looking for that and changing. I think it just changes UHF Pro bands though. UHF Pro remotes will control older receivers but only by using IR. That can be done by programming the AUX button with 01 to 15.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My remote for the 5800 is on the fritz and bought a 9242 #2 remote because it seemed like a better remote.
Doesn't seem to work on the 5800 is there something I can do to correct this?
Open the Battery compartment, remove the small screw holding in the BLUE tab. Turn the tab over, it should say UHF. Program Remote to match your 5800.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. New forum member here.

I have an old 2700 receiver that has a dead remote. I inherited an 8.0 remote from my father and while I can set it up to turn my TV on/off and I cannot get it to work with the 2700. I know the 8.0 remote is UHF Pro but I'm under the impression that it should also send IR signals. Am I wrong about this? Can this remote be used to control my 2700?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Pretty sure the 8.0 is a UHF Pro, ONLY. That model does not do IR.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AUX Code to contol my SONY STR-DE445 Receiver with Remote

Hi! I tried all the AUX code for Audio Amplifier and Receiver in teh Bell ExpressVu manual section 13 and I'm absolutly not able to turn ON or OFF my Sony STR-DE445 Amplifier and Receiver for my Home Theater. My old remote for my SD PVR was able to and I tried the older code without any success. I also tried the scan code without more success.:confused:

Does somebody can help me with this one please? Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi! I tried all the AUX code for Audio Amplifier and Receiver in teh Bell ExpressVu manual section 13 and I'm absolutly not able to turn ON or OFF my Sony STR-DE445 Amplifier and Receiver for my Home Theater. My old remote for my SD PVR was able to and I tried the older code without any success. I also tried the scan code without more success.:confused:

Does somebody can help me with this one please? Thanks.
I have a different Sony Amp/Rec and was also not able to program a code that would turn it off or on. IIRC, I searched a bit and recall reading a post about how Sony purposely sets remote codes for their own equipment so that you have to use Sony remotes. I eventually just got a Harmony remote which works fine for everything. One thing you might try is getting your old SD PVR remote to work with your new BEV receiver.

41 - 60 of 645 Posts