Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

421 - 440 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have one here that says Canada 1707A DKNAMTX01 on the back that I can't get the three blinks after entering and it does not work.
This is a BELL remote. It has the Bell logo on the front.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
That is, I believe, the std remote that shipped with the 5100/5800/5900 SD PVR's.

I have never tried that model but I think it is UHF only, could be wrong on that. If it is and the 2nd Receiver you are wanting to control is not UHF, then it will not work.

Can you confirm what Receiver models you are wanting to control from the Remotes?

With the price of Remotes as low as $10 each (on a well known Auction Site) for new ones, I just tell people to buy another one.....lol

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
model 5900 and 9200(used for OTA recording). The remote is from the 5900. It does not accept the programming by blinking after input. I found another remote stashed in a drawer that I think will work. The 9200 remote is going flaky and I need a new one.
I have successfully programmed another remote to operate a 9242 and 4100. I like this function.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Does one of the 9200 Remotes have a BLACK tab on the opposite side of the GREEN or BLUE, if it does, that should be the UHF Tab and as that Remote does IR as well, it might just work.

If it works, drop me a PM, I am pretty sure I can locate one for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
IR Remote for 9242 not working on PVR

IR Remote not longer works on the 9242 PVR. Didn't seem to work on the TV or Sounds System (AUX) either. I replaced the batteries and reprogrammed the TV and AUX, and the remote works on them, but NOT on the PVR.

BTW, the 2nd remote (UHF) works fine on the other TV, using the same 9242 PVR.

I have rebooted the PVR and the remote still doesn't work. I can use the front panel, but I can't change the guide from the last favourites I selected yesterday, and there seems to be no way to do it in the front panel.

Is the remote toast, or is a problem with the PVR. I am worried if it's the PVR, because I probably can't get a replacement 9242 and will end up with two receivers. I got the 9242 so I could watch shows I recorded on the main receiver, in another room.

Any ideas?

Trish :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Press the sysinfo button and see what the remote code is.
Then press and hold a sat button until the lights blink. Press the # twice to see the code.
Or press the remote "record" button while on the sysinfo screen and the PVR code will sync to the remote.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks. I also found the instructions on page 10-2 of the manual. I was able to determine the code for each remote and reprogrammed both. The addresses reprogrammed on the remote to whatever I wanted, and obviously changed on the sysinfo screen, however the PVR would not respond to "select" or arrows up and down. with either remote, but I didn't expect the secondary remote to work on that screen except for reprogramming. Basically, I am where I was before I started. BTW, the UHF remote was also "re-synced" and still works fine. I checked the remotes to ensure they were set to "A Band" and the Primary Remote address is 1 IR, and the Secondary Remote Address is 2 UHF Pro Band A. BTW, I live in the county and the nearest house is 1/2 km away.

I even removed the batteries, out in fresh ones and started from scratch. Anything else you think I should try?

Trish :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Funny story. I had my "# 1" remote outside on the back patio where I was using it with an IR extender, so I could control the volume on my sound system. My stepdaughter walked in the living room to watch TV, and when she didn't see the remote, she reached into the drawer and pulled out what she thought was the correct remote, but it was an old one -- from my old PVR. Then when she complained it didn't work, I was doing something else, and told her to replace the batteries. I didn't realize it was the old remote -- as it's also silver. I finally looked at it closely after trying to resync it 10 times, and thought "it's not scratched up enough", and it dawned on me that it wasn't the right remote. I then walked out to the deck and found the correct remote next to my lawn chair. It all works find and we are back to the normal :) I just threw the old remote in the garbage. Crisis averted.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Here is another funny Remote Control story for you.

Recently, I went to a home (turned out to be a rooming house LOL) to install a 2nd line in for a Shaw system.

While I was setting up the new receiver, the channels changed by themselves.

I asked the tenant if he did something, and he says, "Nope. This happens all the time, drives us crazy!!!".

His other box changes channels by itself too. He's called Shaw and complained, they sent him a new receiver, same issues...

Now, the new 2nd box is doing it.

I said one of the other tenants in this house is using a UHF remote and changing your channels.

He laughed at me.

So I went knocking on doors, and found one person home, watching their Shaw TV.

I asked my customer to watch his TV, and asked him to see if it changes to Channel 503 by itself.

I go back to the other apartment, asked the tenant to change his box to 503, I go back to the customer and said, well?

He said, "See. You were right! It did change to 503 on it's own!"

Now I laughed, and took him back to the apartment and showed him what his TWO YEAR OLD problem was all about.

I called Shaw and requested the method for changing the Remote Address. I told him I would change the Remote Address on both Remotes and the problem would be solved.

And it was LOL!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've had that one happen a lot in apartments and duplexes. I've had several service calls for exactly that. Once it happened on an install I just did. No sooner than I got to the van lady comes out on her balcony yelling to me because her receiver was "possessed". Not a real common problem anymore since we no longer use 9241s but watch soon as I say that.......

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I told him I would change the Remote Address on both Remotes and the problem would be solved.

And it was LOL!
This must be something pretty new as any Shaw Direct Systems I have ever come across were fixed on one Remote Address, good to know they finally smartened up.

Would you happen to know the path to do this please, Feel free to PM me or post in the Shaw Direct Forum, this is useful information.

The way I used to cure this was to put a 3db attenuator between the Receiver and Antenna, that way it would not pick up the weaker signals from the neighbors.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
anyone know how to program a macro on the bell sat remote? or move a key from one mode to another? did a search nothing comes up.

on the rogers remote i could "copy" a key from one mode so it can be accessed in other "modes" can the bell or dish remote does this? dont worry i tried searching so thats why im asking now

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
As far as I know, that can't be done with the Bell remotes, only control volume while in Sat mode. That is why the 6.X remotes had the separate power button for Sat and TV.
Well i finally had a day off, and did some research, and now i got back the functionality I had. Since i had a spare 1.5 remote i might as well put it to good use and not let it go to waist. This remote is actually a dish network remote, but it works on my bell receiver, it only has one power button, but i simply cleared the programming from it and re-programmed it to my tv set (toshiba) and now i can turn on and off my tv while still in SAT mode, by pressing the AUX button. The aux button acts as a second power key to turn on/off the tv only while in sat mode. So now i can turn on and off the tv and satellite without changing the modes of the remote, a function that I lost when the batteries died and i asked on here for help, no one was able to help me, they told me it wasnt possible but i am happy to say it works now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Remote codes for RCA LED 32"

I cannot get my remote to work with my newly purchased RCA RLDED3285A-C. Bell and RCA have been no help

Has anyone been able to get it to work with their remote. I have a 9242 receiver with the vhf and the uhf remotes.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Try to scan instead of entering the codes.

Press TV button untill all buttons light up.
Press TV off (Red button on Bell remote).
Then press Up Arrow key slowly, as if you are scrolling up the guide.
When the TV shuts off, press pound key then record.
Then press TV (red button) to turn TV back on.

I never use the codes provided in the Bell guide. Have tried with my LG and it didn't work.

If you do get one that works with your RCA check and see what functions of the TV it can manipulate.

I have a Samsung and LG and there are 3 different codes that work with them. They all control the on/off, volume and mute. But only one code controls the inputs as well as the TV's menu. :)

In the case that the code it finds only controls on/off and volume rescan and it may find a code that controls more of the TV's functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bell 5900 PVR remote does not work

Hello,

I have been failing to find a new remote that will work with my Bell 5900 PVR receiver. I have tried multiple remotes including the bell replacement one for this model but always fail. Can someone suggest a remote I am not aware of that may work? Also is there a way to change the remote address on the receiver itself knowing I cant use a remote? Any advice would be appreciated. I have been fighting with this for a long time.

Thanks to all, Algus

421 - 440 of 652 Posts