Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

401 - 420 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
What changes in your room at 7pm?

It is not the 9400 or Remote, as they are swapped out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
9400 Menu IR issue

My post just got moved my issue is not the remote it is the 9400 itself. It has been replaced with a new unit that does the same thing. After 7pm it will not let you scroll through the guide using the remote. But in the morning it works fine it is working right now. Come 7pm the 9400 will not respond by IR remote. Is there updates that come through at this time?

I saw a UHF 8.0 remote on Ebay will this work with the 9400?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I may have figured it out. I have a Vizio LCD with the Ambient Light Sensor, I have turned this off after speaking with one of the tech's (he actually asked the brand of tv and found out it had this) This makes sense with it only happening when it is dark outside.
I hope this helps someone else as it was frustrating for me.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
All you had to do was follow 57's links, you would have read about the backlight issues.

And for the record it is neither the Remote nor the 9400 it WAS your TV.....

Still do not know why you needed a new thread as this issue is well known and discussed at length in the other thread where your post was moved to.

Now I would suggest reading the 9400 thread for your answer to the UHF 8.0 Remote...

·
Super Moderator
56,506 Posts
Posts merged into existing thread and it looks like it was exactly as I pointed out in post 390 - IR interference from TV - discussed many times in the forum - link provided in post 390.

Had the original post by fargo_182 been in the 9400 thread, or the IR interference thread, or this thread, then the posts would not have required merging, however, they were merged into an existing thread where the topic has often been discussed, since most people start by thinking it's a remote issue (as did fargo_182 in his original post).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got a replacement 9242. Any 5.4 No. 1 remotes will work. I have (No. 2 remotes) 3-6.4 and 1-6.2 and a remote for a 9241. Any way I can program the uhf No. 2 to work?
Have tried just about everything I can think of.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
What was the final step?.......lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
9242 IR remote on a 5800?

I've read the 9242 is UHF PRO while the 5800 needs UHF so the UHF 9242 remote wouldn't work, but could I get the IR 9242 remote to work on a 5800?

If so how do you get them to sync?

The one on http://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Products/Additional_remote_for_HD_receiver_or_PVR
look similar to the IR 9242 (green tab), and says it is for 5800s but it looks nothing like the original platinum remote.

Is that one with the gray tab at the bottom a "works for everything" super remote? UHF and UHF Pro?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You can use almost any Bell IR remote, but you have to be line of site to operate the 5800 then, and some remotes don`t have the PVR buttons.

Find either a 6.X , the 6.4 is the most recent and use the Black Key, see post 387 of this thread for all the keys.
A Bell or Dishnet remote work, but the Dishnet remotes usually come with all the keys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
5100 receiver and remote control

I bought a used remote control to operate a 5100 receiver. It seems to me that the back of the remote it says UHF PRO instead of IR. For my remote from my 6131 receiver is also run my 5100 receiver. My receiver 5100 and 6131 are both at the address 11 and the back of my remote IR 6131 is written. I programmed the new UHF PRO remote control address 11 but it does not work. Thank you for your help

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The 5100 uses IR or UHF it does not use UHF PRO.

If you need to change channels without a direct line of sight to the receiver you will need to get the correct UHF Remote.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Can any one tell me which version of the remotes support this function of programming a second sat box, because some of mine will not program. If I go looking a garage sales etc for more remotes which ones should I look for?
1 Turn on the other receiver. Use the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel to open the System Info screen.

2 Press and hold the AUX button until all the other mode buttons light up, and then let go of the button. The AUX button flashes.

3 Press the 3 button.

4 Use the NUMBER PAD to enter the address you wrote in step 1.

5 Press POUND (#). The AUX button blinks three times.

6 Press RECORD to make sure the address in the remote matches the address on the receiver.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I thought they all did?

Which ones do not?

401 - 420 of 652 Posts