Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

381 - 400 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well if you can change the Remote Address, the Remote is sending information to the Receiver, I guess you have tried new Batteries, so it might well be a failing Remote. Lots of older ones really ate batteries.

If you were able to change channels etc on TV2's output on the main TV, I was going to suggest dropping an RG6 cable into the basement. This would be connected to the Antenna port on the Receiver and with the use of an F81 (barrel connector) connect the Antenna on the other end in the basement. I have used this when the receiver and 2nd TV are 3 floors apart, never had to do this with them as close as yours. So unless there is something shielding the UHF Pro signals, I am not sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
anyone have an RCA tv RLDED3258A-B ?

I am trying to program my ExpressVu 6131 remote (5.4 IR model# 168588) to control a new RCA LED 32" model # RLDED3258A-B with no success.

Tried all the RCA codes
Tried all the NEC codes as per RCA manual
Tries full code scans twice with no success.

Expressvu says call RCA - expressvu is no help
Called RCA support - they are no help

Anyone have one of these TV's and get the expressvu remote to on/off the tv ?

I suspect the tv might be too new for the Expressvu remote ?

Thanks in advance

Neil

·
Registered
532 Posts
Every now and have a tv it just wont work with. I think Ive had a couple RCAs that wouldnt even though it is a common brand. Dynex Akai Insignia Citizen Electrohome and most tv dvd combos right off the top of my head.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I can confirm I hate it when I have to connect to an RCA TV. Got one as a test set not too long ago, returned it after just 2 hours. I need one that I can use a Bell Remote with, as I have left way to many TV remotes in Electrical Closets.....lol

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have one about the size of a tablet with a rechargeable battery pack. Very handy for what little I use one. Most people don't even realize its a tv till they see me use it.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I two carry two test TV's....lol Just picked up a nice 19" Insignia with a QAM Tuner, ideal for me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
monkeyhunk, these are the codes that I use that work most of the time for some of those brands

Dynex: 720, 834
Insignia: 720
Citizen: 720, 834, 743
Electrohome: 834, 679, 771, 759

·
Registered
532 Posts
Good to know. I may scotch tape those to my clipboard until I get them engrained. I know I can never find those with the scan. I was always told if you don't find one in about 70 clicks or so on the scan it's probably not going to work.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Everyone at Bell, tells me that the newer Remotes have more codes in them. Well today I was at a Commercial Customers and no matter how I tried, the 9241 Remote would not turn the TV on. It turned it off, changed the volume but not on.

Grabbed a really old 3100 remote, and it worked perfectly. Took the code from the 3100 remote, tried it in the 9241 remote, nothing, it would not accept it. Just gave errors.

Very odd.

Customer now has 2 Remotes, he thinks it is funny but at least it works.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
i have an old Satellite dish remote, its ir 3.1 or something (dont have it with me to confirm) but its IR only and its the one with the 4 mode buttons up the top and it only has one power button, not the 2 like all the newer ones have.

I got it working perfectly with my satellite receiver and tv, but one problem im having, i lost the manual and there was a way to make the power button turn off the TV while still in SAT mode, i dont remember the code since i mistplaced the manual and tried looking online for it but yeilded no results. anyone remember how to do such?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
As far as I know, that can't be done with the Bell remotes, only control volume while in Sat mode. That is why the 6.X remotes had the separate power button for Sat and TV.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
but i had it like that before, it was just another button that turned off my tv when in sat mode, i had it working before, but sicne i lost the manuels i cant remember how to do it. cmon its just a code can u help me find out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
No remotes will work my 9241

hey folks...long time reader...just registered...awesome forum

I just picked up a used 9241. i plugged it in and everything seems fine. it does the boot up and then eventually goes to the screen where it begins searching for satellites. On that same screen is a help button...so I push select (yes I pushed "sat" on the remote first) and nothing happens.

Thinking I may have had a remote control issue I try 2 others...nothing. So then I think I have the 1-2 selector switch inside the back of the remote in the wrong position. nothing.

It is definitely NOT a remote issue unless i can be enlightened to believe otherwise. I am certainly open to suggestions.

I do think it IS the receiver but not sure where to go from here. For some reason it will not respond to any remote (UHF or IR). The front panel controls work fine as I can navigate anywhere using those.
TOTALLY LOST,
Andrew

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Bell remotes are programmable to different addresses. You need to get into the sysinfo screen using the buttons on the front of the unit. Then push the rec button on the remote. The remote address on the screen should change to match the remote and not the remote will operate the unit.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Pulling the Smart Card will also get you to the System Info Screen.

·
Registered
532 Posts
He said he is working with a 9241. 9241s don't have an external smart card he can pull out.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Really, shows how often I see those then.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't miss installing them that's for sure

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Remotely Correct

The following may have be recorded in part previously, but not with photos of the keys in question.

Switching a 6.X IR/UHF/UHF-PRO remote without the appropriate mode changing key.
The mode changing keys are as follows:
1a) Blue "2" UHF-PRO with No IR Output Switch all the way left. Works on tuner 2
1b) Black UHF and IR Output Switch all the way right. Works on tuner 1

2a) Green black stripe "1" UHF-PRO w/IR Ouput Switch 3rd from left. Works on tuner 1 *
2b) Green "1"IR Output Only Switch 2nd from left. Works on tuner 1

3a) Green "1" UHF-PRO w/IR Ouput Switch 3rd from left. Works on tuner 1*
3b) Silver IR Output Only Switch 2nd from left. Works on tuner 1

4a) Green "1" UHF-PRO with No IR Output Switch all the way left. Works on tuner 2
4b) Black UHF and IR Output Switch all the way right. Works on tuner 1

5a) Silver UHF-PRO with No IR Output Switch all the way left. Works on tuner 2
5b) Black UHF and IR Output Switch all the way right. Works on tuner 1​

Remote Key from a 4.0 IR / UHF PRO remote can also be used. (note) The switch in the 4.0 only has 2 positions so don't force any 4 position keys into a remote that has only a two position switch.

6a) Blue "2" UHF-PRO w/IR Ouput Switch 3rd from left. Works on tuner 1*
6b) Green "1" UHF-PRO with No IR Output Switch 2nd from left. Works on tuner 2​

Remote Key from a 10.1 UHF PRO Remote

7a) Black UHF-PRO with No IR Output Switch all the way left. Works on tuner 2
7b) Silver UHF and IR Output Switch all the way right. Works on tuner 1*​

• 1a) 4a) 5a) - do all the same thing, UHF-PRO with No IR Output for tuner 2, just look different.
  • 1b) 4b) 5b) - do all the same thing, UHF and IR Output for tuner 1, just look different.

• 2a) 3a) 6a) -UHF-PRO w/IR Ouput for Tuner 1*
  • 2b) 3b) 6b) -IR Output Only
Switching a UHF PRO 10.1 Remote (Part #139328) to work as a UHF PRO 6.X Remote

• No Key, but 2a), 3a) & 6a) work UHF-PRO with NO IR Output Switch 3rd from left. Works on tuner 2
  • No Key, but 2b), 3b) & 6b) work UHF-PRO w/IR Output Switch 2nd from left. Works on tuner 1 *
To store your "Spare" remote keys they will fit in the battery cover for future use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
9400 PVR Remote issue

I just got my 9400 installed. The PVR stops responding to the remote at 7pm every night. In the morning it works fine again up to 7pm. I've had the receiver and remote replaced and the samething happens again. What is going on? I've changed batteries remote addresses, used a different remote and it does not respond.

381 - 400 of 648 Posts