Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bloody AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKED!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH. Well...I guess that settles it. We're keeping the Insiggy, and the Sammy is goin' up for sale. Any biters?

oh, fyi, it was only about 35 clicks to get to a functioning frequency :).

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Glad to help.

Do I get a HUGE discount for spotting the diliberate error.....lol

Enjoy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
^ HEHE...Hey companies pay BIG BUCKS for proof-reading :).

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I recall from other universal remotes that possibly many codes could be partially compatible but not fully hence it would need to cycle through? That was if you had say 5 codes for insignias, to try all 5. But my problem is that the first code it comes across isn't working. It turns off, but doesn't turn on.
If you need to bypass a code, when the TV turns off, just turn it back on manually and then continue with the code scan :)

(I know you resolved it, but this is a reference for anyone else reading this in the future)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remote code for Pioneer Elite Pro-111FD

Does anyone here know what the manufacturer remote codefor this TV so I can access it with the supplied Bell 6131 or 6141 remotes?

Many thanks

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Have you tried the "Scan" feature built into the Remotes.?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Threads merged and made into a "sticky". I've also made some edits to the first post and delete a few extraneous postings.

Note that soe of this information is specific to a particular revision of remote (indicated on the label)
Here is some info from the manual:

PROGRAMMING USING EQUIPMENT CODE TABLES
1 Turn the equipment on.
2 Find the brand name of the equipment in the tables in the manual.
3 Press and hold the mode button until all the other mode buttons light up, and then let go of the button. The mode button flashes.
4 For AUX mode only. Press 0 for a second TV, or 1 for a second VCR, or 2 for a tuner, or amplifier.
5 Enter one of the three-digit equipment codes from the table using the number buttons.
6 Press POUND (#). If you entered the code correctly (and it is recognised by the remote), the mode button flashes three times.
7 If you can’t find a code that works, try Scanning for Equipment Codes

SCANNING FOR EQUIPMENT CODES
1 Turn the equipment on.
2 Press and hold the mode button until all the other mode buttons light up, and then let go of the button. The mode button flashes. For example, hold TV for a TV until all of the other mode buttons light. When you let go, TV will flash.
3 For AUX mode only. Press 0 for a second TV, or 1 for a second VCR, or 2 for a tuner, or amplifier.
4 Press POWER. This puts your remote in the scan mode.
5 Press the UP or DOWN ARROW repeatedly until the equipment turns off. As you press the UP or DOWN ARROW, the remote tries each code in the memory to see if it can turn off your equipment. When the equipment turns off, you have found a code that might work.
6 Press POUND (#). The mode button flashes three times if you have entered the code correctly. This stores the code you found.
7 Turn the equipment back on and try some other buttons to make sure they work.

SWITCHING BETWEEN TV AND AMPLIFIER VOLUME CONTROL

Control Amplifier Volume
1 Press and hold the AUX mode button for three seconds, and then let go of it. The AUX mode button will blink.
2 Press the POUND (#) button.
3 Press the plus (+) side of the VOLUME button.
4 Press the 0 number button.
5 Press the POUND (#) button. The AUX mode button flashes three times.

Control TV Volume
1 Press and hold the TV mode button for three seconds, and then let go of it. The TV mode button will blink.
2 Press the POUND (#) button.
3 Press the plus (+) side of the VOLUME button.
4 Press the 0 number button.
5 Press the POUND (#) button. The TV mode button flashes three times.

READING OUT THE REMOTE CONTROL CODES (so you can write them down)
1 Press and hold the mode button for the equipment you want the remote to control. When all the other mode buttons light up, let go of the mode button - that mode button should now be flashing. For example, hold the TV mode button for a TV until all of the other mode buttons light. When you let go, the TV mode light will flash.
2 Press the POUND (#) button twice. The mode button flashes the number for each digit of the equipment code, with a pause between the groups of flashes. A quick flash is for zero.
For example, if the code is 570, the mode button flashes five times, pauses, flashes seven times, pauses, and flashes once quickly. For AUX mode, the first group of flashes tells you what the AUX mode controls. A quick flash (zero) before the three-digit code is for a TV; one regular flash is for a VCR or DVD player; and two flashes is for a tuner or amplifier.
For example, if the TV code is 570, the AUX mode button flashes once quickly, pauses, flashes five times, pauses, flashes seven times, pauses, and flashes once quickly.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
CHANGING THE REMOTE AND RECEIVER ADDRESS
1 Press SYSTEM INFO on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays and shows the Remote Address.
2 Press and hold SAT on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of SAT.
3 Use the NUMBER PAD to enter any number between 1 and 16.
4 Press POUND (#). If you entered the address correctly, SAT will flash three times.
5 Press RECORD. Make sure the Remote Address you see on the System Information screen is the same as the one you entered in step 3. If it isn't, the remote cannot control the receiver. Press RECORD a second time.
6 Press SELECT to close the System Information screen.

If you need to "remarry" a remote and receiver, you can often skip #2, #3 and #4 above as long as the remote is already programmed with an address.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Using remote # 2

I want to program remote control 2 to replace 1 which is looking a bit beaten up.

Will the system you describe work for that entering a number beteween 1 and 16 confuses me a litlle.

I am apprehensive about doing anythying because the 9200 is working properly except I am experiencing HDMI problems which I have posted.

thanks

·
Registered
697 Posts
If your 9200 is in "dual mode", I think remote 2 will only control TV2. If you are OK with putting your 9200 in "single mode", replacing remote 1 with remote 2 should work fine. I could be wrong, but I don't think you have to change the remote 2 address, either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 Digit Code for Toshiba SD-V395KC

HI!

I'm trying to configure an ExpressVu 3100 receiver to use a Toshiba SD-V395KC DVD/VCR Combo.

In the 3100 setup, under the VCR Config screen it asks for a 3 digit manufacturer's code. The code 616 works when setting up the remote control, but when I enter that code on the VCR Configuration screen, the 3100 will not start the VCR recording when Test is selected.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has managed to get this Toshiba model to work with a 3100, and if so, what code did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
If the code works for the remote, but does not control the VCR, then the most likely issue is that the VCR cannot "see" the commands sent from the 3100.

Since most people stack their equipment, it can be difficult to find a position whereby the output of the IR commands from the receiver can line up with the unit which you are trying to control.

As a test, try placing the receiver and VCR facing each other.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another 5.3 IR remote

I just bought another 5.3 IR remote on ebay and was wondering the procedure for getting it to work when I receive it ? I already have one but want another for the bedroom where I have the signal split and a remote extender. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I would think you just need to set it to the same Remote Address as the other one.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's that easy.
Take out the smart card, or just go to the system information screen, and address the remote to the address that's already on the screen.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BEV PVR9242 remote code for Viewsonic HDTV Model VS11405-1

BEV code in manual doesn't control TV. Tried code scan and additional codes provided by Viewsonic help desk. Basic need is for remote to power on/off and volume adjust TV. thanx!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I almost never have success with Viewsonic TV's and Bell remotes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Need remote code for my new LG Plasma TV

Hi,

I just bought the a new LG 42PQ60 plasma TV (42 in). BTW, it was very nice TV!!

First, all of you know there's no LG TV into BEV user manual. But LG are the same brand than Goldstar, so I found a code who are working under Goldstar. BUT!! I can't switch the inputs on my TV with the BEV remote. So I have to use two remotes at a time (BEV + TV remote) and that's very annoying to me.

It probably doesn't make difference but my BEV receiver is a 9200 HD-PVR.

Does anybody have found a fully working code for the LG plasma's??

Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Try using the scanning option to locate a code in the Bell TV Remote.

I set up a 50" LG Plasma last weekend and used the Bell TV Remote, although it is a 9241 model.

21 - 40 of 645 Posts