Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

361 - 380 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
When in System Info, what id it show as Remote Address for TV2.?

Make a note of that, then change your Remote #2 to that Address or choose a new one.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sometimes that will happen with 3 batteries in right and 1 backwards. The remote will light up like its working but won't do anything......even change addresses.

Don't ask how I learned that one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Willyone

RE: "I just got my 9241 Wed. and the tech set it up with standard cables. He recommended that I would get better sound if I used a digital optical cable to my Sony Home Theatre system. I installed one. I also changed the standard cables and connected the TV to the receiver with an HDMI cable. My problem is the Bell remote turns the TV on ok but does not control the volume and I have to use the remote for the Home Theater system. What can I do to get the Bell remote to control the volume as well.
(before I just needed to have the home theatre turned on and when I used the bell remote it controlled the volume. Now it doesn't) Did I take one too many cables away?)

If you are now going from your Sat box to the Sony AVR, you either need to find a way for the remote to connect with the Sony AVR to adjust sound level IE AUX or you have to use the AVR remote for volume.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hopefully the remote gods will have an answer for me on this one.

In the manual it says that the AUX button can be set to control a second TV, VCR, or Tuner/Amplifier OR a second Bell receiver, but it doesn't tell how to get it to control a second Bell receiver. I've searched all through the manual and see no mention of how to get it working. I've tried a few different things with no luck. My 9242 is usually in single mode, but once in a while I switch it to dual mode, and would like to have the SAT button on the remotes control TV1, and AUX control TV2.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I just did a bit more digging, and looked though the manual for the Dish 6.4 remote, and there is no mention of it controlling a second receiver, which is weird considering there are at least 2 separate references to it in the Bell manual, but no instructions on how to actually accomplish it.

EDIT:

After I posted this I read the next paragraph on the Dish manual and figured out how to do it lol. Unfortunately a second receiver programmed as AUX is only IR, which is of no use to me.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TO CONTROL A SECOND RECEIVER IN AUX MODE

If you have another DISH Network satellite receiver installed, you can use this remote in AUX mode to control it along with your new receiver. When you program the remote to control the other receiver, the remote sends out IR and UHF (not UHF Pro) signals to the receiver.

You can program the remote to control any other DISH Network satellite receiver, except for following:

• TV2 on Duo 322, DuoDVR 522 (also known as DISH Player- DVR 522), DuoDVR 625 (also known as DISH Player-DVR 625), DISH Player-DVR 942, Duo ViP 222 (also known as ViP 222), DuoDVR ViP 622 DVR (also known as ViP 622 DVR) , and DuoDVR ViP 722 DVR (also known as ViP 722 DVR) • DishPlayer 7100/7200

1 Turn on the other receiver. Use the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel to open the System Info screen.

2 Press and hold the AUX button until all the other mode buttons light up, and then let go of the button. The AUX button flashes.

3 Press the 3 button.

4 Use the NUMBER PAD to enter the address you wrote in step 1.

5 Press POUND (#). The AUX button blinks three times.

6 Press RECORD to make sure the address in the remote matches the address on the receiver.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Thank you that is one of the most useful things I have read on this site. I did not know you could one remote to control two different boxes.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I had remembered seeing it mentioned in the manual but didn't realize until last night that there were no instructions. I'm glad that someone made some use of it. I did a search on here too and didn't see any mention of it here either.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Thanks for useful info. This is what I like about Bell, their hardware and software. I can do things with a 3100 that an standard HD receiver with cable can't not to mention a 6131.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yes, you can. Just set it for the same remote address as the original remote.

Go to the System Info screen, somewhere on the bottom of the screen it will show the remote ID. Make note of what it is. Grab your second remote, hold down the SAT button until all 4 buttons at the top flash, punch in the remote ID that was on the System Info screen, then press #.

Btw, I'm assuming that you must mean 9241, 9242 or 9400, because the 9200 has been long discontinued by Bell, and recently replaced by 9241 or 9242.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Tell me again what you want to achieve.?

I have 4 Remotes that ALL work the 9400 (worked the 9200 and 9241 before that) all sat in my Lounge, so whoever sits where, has a Remote, they all work just fine.

They just all need to be on the same remote address.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a bell 9242. I am trying to hook up the second tv. I have the picture and everything working but when I try to change the channel with my uhf remote i get nothing. The antenna is on the receiver but it won't control. Is my remote faulty. I have checked the address and changed it but no difference. Oh and the numbers on the remote are 6.3 IR/UHF Pro 146192 . Any suggestions

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Can you hook up the RF TV2 output to your main TV and that way you don't have to keep running up and down.?

If you do that you should be able to watch the Remote Address change etc. I know it is a long shot but is the Antenna in the correct port on the 9242.?

Is the Blue #2 tab visible at the bottom of the remote.?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have sat down stairs with the tv2 remote and seen the address change...I have gone through 3, 4 and 8 and seen it change each time. i also tried to changed the toggle switch to Band B and see if that made a difference, no change. I was at one point able to bring up the guide on the tv upstairs and scroll through but that didn't last long. I even turned off all the lights down stairs to eliminate any kind of interference. I am at a huge loss on what to try

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also tried putting my arm into a room downstairs so there was atleast a wall between the remote and the receiver and I turned the receiver off and on with the tv2 remote. It was very hit and miss...sometimes it turned it off and sometimes not

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like I want to do what you have done, I check remote ID number (5).
Hold Sat. Button, other 3 light up, when I release Sat. Button lights up. I enter 5 and #.
Iam I doing something wrong ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you at the sys info screen on your receiver? If so you hold sat down until all light up...hit your address number you want then # then hit the record but 3 or 4 times to see it change in sys info

you can also check the remote address in the remote. Hold down the sat button until all the lights blink....then hit the # button twice and count the number of times your sat button blinks...that is the address that is in the remote

361 - 380 of 652 Posts