Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

341 - 360 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bell 9241 Receiver Dish Remote

I have a bell 9241 receiver and bought a dish remote hoping it could be used. the remotes look idententical. Is there a way to use the remote with the receiver?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
press the sysinfo on the 9241. A screen should come up with the remote code. Press the record button on your new remote and the code on the screen should change to match the remote. The remote should now operate the 9241.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are 3 screens in this category and I do not see anywhere that it lists remote. Am I in the correct place.:confused:

Will this stop the other bell remote from working?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Should be there in Section (i) alternate way to get to Sys Info is MENU, 6, 1, 3.

You would need them all set to the same Remote Address, so first thing to know, is what the existing one is set to, which should be visible on that System Info Screen. Then you will need to set the new Remote to that address.

Is the new remote a direct replacement for the old ones or is it a different model.?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The old remote is still in use, I wanted to have 2 remotes control the same tv and receiver. Is it possible? FYI thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Try this.
On the existing remote press and hold the sat button until the other buttons come on. Then let go. The sat should flash. Press the # twice. The sat button should flash the current code of the remote.
On the new remote press and hold the sat button until the light come on then let go. Now type in the two digit code you got from the original remote. ex 02, 11 etc. Then press the # once. Your remotes are now set to the same code.

The 9241 should accept two different remotes if one is IR and the other is UHF.

The screen you want should look something like this except for BELL instead of DISH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just want to post an update on my situation, and hopefully this will help someone else with similar issues:

TV: 2011 Samsung 530 Series 59" Plazma
Receiver: Bell HD 6400
Remote: 5.4 IR
Problem: Could not get remote to work properly. TV functions (volume, power buttons) would work fine, but any receiver functions (Guide , select, browse, themes, etc. etc. buttons) would often stop working.

Solutions that worked for me:

In TV menu, go to MODE, then CELL LIGHT, then I changed it from 7 to 5.

So far no issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
digital/optical cable

I just got my 9241 Wed. and the tech set it up with standard cables. He recommended that I would get better sound if I used a digital optical cable to my Sony Home Theatre system. I installed one. I also changed the standard cables and connected the TV to the receiver with an HDMI cable. My problem is the Bell remote turns the TV on ok but does not control the volume and I have to use the remote for the Home Theater system. What can I do to get the Bell remote to control the volume as well.
(before I just needed to have the home theatre turned on and when I used the bell remote it controlled the volume. Now it doesn't) Did I take one too many cables away?)
willyone

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I have my blue 9200 remote control setup to control my satellite receiver and LG TV. I have recently hooked up my LG TV to a soundbar so don't use the built in TV speakers anymore. Is there anyway to have the remote control the soundbar for volume, but the TV for input etc..

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hello
You'd have to program the AUX to control the volume for the sound bar.
Should be able find how re-program your remote control at the very begin (page 1) to show you how re-program for AUX, or check the link below for
info on how to.. I know bit different then say for TV button..

You should be able get the correct codes and -how to- from here...
http://support.bell.ca/TV/Receivers/9200_receiver_user_guide

If you newer remote try 9241 info ( IR /UHF pro )
http://support.bell.ca/TV/Receivers/9241_receiver_user_guide

If you can not get to work with Sound bar, You may have go buy all in one remote.. I had planned on buying one for my Telus/bell 9241 but I finally
found a code that work proper with my LG TV..

Hope that helps some, Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Remote keeps forgetting it is programmed

I've had my satellite for 2 years. Suddenly, over the past week, I find myself having to program my remote every time I want to turn the tv on/off.

Thing is, the remote seems to forget randomly.

Ex: I come home from work. The Bell remote won't turn on my TV. I turn my TV on with my TV remote. All satellite functions work fine but the Bell remote won't adjust the volume or turn off the TV. I program the Bell remote. The Bell remote now adjusts the volume and turns off the tv. The Bell remote turns on the TV. I flip the channels, pick a show and watch it. An hour later, I can't adjust the volume or turn off the TV. Rinse and repeat.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

·
Registered
34 Posts
It can't be IR interference, it's been the same TV for 2 years.

How can it be a weak battery issue if the satellite functions don't have such an issue?

Changing the batteries doesn't fix the problem anyway.

·
Super Moderator
56,508 Posts
It can't be IR interference, it's been the same TV for 2 years.
Things change. Firmware changes the IR sensitivity of the STB and things go bonkers. The STB or TV is moved slightly, the issue is not the TV - perhaps another device like CFLs, or the sun, etc. You decide if you wish to follow up - suggest you at least check out the thread since there are a lot of possibilities outside of the TV. Just a couple of suggestions.

Could be a bad remote. Do you have another remote you can try?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
mcfilmmakers, program 222 or 722 into the "TV" portion of the remote the normal way (these are factory default codes), this will reset that portion of the remote. Then go through the "rinse and repeat" of programming the remote for your TV once again. Hopefully for the last time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
9242 remote 2 doesn't work

Just installed a used 9242. The TV1 works fine. The TV2 has City TV Toronto, but I can't change the channel, guide won't work, nothing. Yes the batteries are good, the light - lights up on the sat button. Any solutions? Thxs GG

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Do you have the UHF antenna attached to the back of the receiver? If you do, press the System Info button on the front of the receiver, then press Record on remote #2. If you don't have the UHF antenna attached, attach it :)

341 - 360 of 652 Posts