Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
481 - 496 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Nothing that i know of. It's on my Bell Sat. receiver as usual. Frankly wish ch. 1569 would go away. There's no local forecast on the tens. What's the point of watching an endlessly cycling list of city forecasts that provide only minimal information about the upcoming weather? I prefer ch. 505 which even though it is in SD does give you a detailed local forecast every 10 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am amazed at how many channels have disappeared since I first was able to get Expressvu (2001?)!!!
Does anyone know if there is a thread that keeps a list or a running total of ALL of them ???
I know a few get re-branded , too . but overall , We have lost so many that the Price should have gone DOWN at least once !!!! lol !! :giggle:💬

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi..trying to clean up the guide with all the duplicate programming. What are the premier/primary english stations with the best quality HD feed for cbc/ctv/global for each time time from east to west. So for EST it would be cbc toronto, ctv toronto and global toronto. Thanks

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
For the west coast it would be Vancouver stations. A second choice might be Edmonton, especially for stations formerly owned by Shaw. The biggest factor with TV services is often the delivery backhaul for distant stations. The ones I know of are Shaw Direct, Bell Satellite and fibre optic cable. Each has its advantages and disadvantages but they all cut signal quality to various degrees.

·
Super Moderator
20,083 Posts
Interesting that Bell TV(sat)added it but not Bell Fibe?
Bell MTS added Jewelry TV sometime after Bell Satellite, so it might be on Bell Fibe TV by now.

When I looked up the channel on the MTS site, there was a warning that all prices were in U.S. Dollars.

The picture quality looked OK. My guess is the shopping channels pay the cable/satellite companies for carriage, which is why the channels are mirrored in so many places in the guide.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't think this was ever posted but Bell Satellite dropped the HD feeds of CTV Ottawa, CTV Kitchener, CTV North bay, CTV Timmins, CTV Sault Ste Marie, CTV Sudbury, CTV Moncton and CTV Sydney last November.
Additionally, they reversed course on CTV Ottawa HD and brought it back within a week of when it was originally dropped. The others are still gone.

481 - 496 of 496 Posts