Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

401 - 420 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found these 3 Stingray music video channels by chance .... Research showed that there are a couple more out there including LOUD , and VIBE ... Will they ever come to Bell Sat ?? And in HD ... HELP !!!!!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Bell 9242 Sat. Receiver. Channel 505. The local weather forecast overlay on the tens has been missing for the last two days. I still get he message that information is being downloaded and can still press Select to get a forecasts by the day for the next seven days but all I get during the local forecast breaks is the generalized information for various Canadian cities. Is anyone else having the same or a similar problem? Has the Weather Network discontinued the forecast overlays without any warning? (wouldn't surprise me).

·
Super Moderator
16,665 Posts
I found these 3 Stingray music video channels by chance .... Research showed that there are a couple more out there including LOUD , and VIBE ... Will they ever come to Bell Sat ?? And in HD ... HELP !!!!!
Bell Satellite added Stingray Vibe to the Good Package (579 SD / 894 HD.)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bell 9242 Sat. Receiver. Channel 505. The local weather forecast overlay on the tens has been missing for the last two days. I still get he message that information is being downloaded and can still press Select to get a forecasts by the day for the next seven days but all I get during the local forecast breaks is the generalized information for various Canadian cities. Is anyone else having the same or a similar problem? Has the Weather Network discontinued the forecast overlays without any warning? (wouldn't surprise me).
Same, here on my 6141 receiver.
You'd probably have more luck complaining to The Weather Network than to Bell. TWN even has an option on their contact us form for a television technical issue.
Bell's had this interactive local forecast overlay going for the past thirteen years; if you want to "remind" a CSR about its existence, tell them to read the archived press release.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
It's supposed to be channel 1421 but I don't see it...perhaps I don't subscribe to it...but honestly I didn't know it was available...perhaps it's new?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That sounds possible but wouldn't that be a re-launch?

Isn't FOX Sports Racing the old SPEED Channel and Bell decided to drop that a while back.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I believe it is the old speed channel. I know people on cogeco who have it now. Bell never picked fox sports when speed went away. Perhaps they are adding it to the lineup. That is what I am hoping. Now to determine what package it will be in.

·
Super Moderator
16,665 Posts
@sodly If you temporarily change your province to Ontario, you'll be able to see the Fibe TV previews which also include satellite. It says:
Fox Sports Racing
Free preview: July 12 – August 12, 2019

FOX Sports Racing delivers unparalleled access to the races, drivers, cars, bikes and lifestyles that race fans crave.
Channel:
Fibe TV 1421
Alt TV 421
Satellite TV 1421
Here's the link for satellite, where it doesn't mention FSR for some provinces, but it does for Ontario.
https://www.bell.ca/bell_TV/Free-previews

Maybe they don't have the spare bandwidth to add it to satellite and someone just assumed they would add it to both.

·
Super Moderator
16,665 Posts
Has anyone been able to confirm whether Fox Sports Racing is available on 1421 or 421 on satellite? Bell's web site still shows the channel on free preview, but only if the province is Ontario or Quebec. It must be a glitch, as if it's picking up the Fibe preview info.

401 - 420 of 476 Posts