Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just on the Bell website, looking around, passing some time. Normally online chat posts a message, "Can I help you?"
This is one time that I wanted to speak with someone, so I went to the contact us/ support section and "online chat" is no longer an option.
Has there been some layoffs, cutbacks, or is everyone just gone for coffee. Is anyone aware of why, or if it is just temporary? This is set up for Manitoba, but even when I change it, chat is not available.
http://support.bell.ca/en-mb/Customer_service/Contact_us/

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried both Ontario, and Quebec, but nothing. It shows there, but you cannot chose or highlight it for them to talk to you.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks DSgamby, it appears it does not accept Manitoba for any kind of chat, and still doesn't work for Other Topic from Ontario. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get home to call.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Even though I am in Alberta, I just change my location from the drop-down menu at the top of the home page to access chat. ;)
The online CSR's will then help you no matter where you are located. I use this as DSgamby mentioned, for TV support.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's available at certain times of day. Maybe you were at the wrong time of day.
I know there have been a few problems with the web site being available, but I know several e-chat agents, and they're still working.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Beware I tried the online chat, they don't know what they are talking about and it borders on misleading.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I've used it a couple of times recently. First time, CSR was really slow to respond. From the delays, it seemed she was having computer problems or doing more than one chat at the same time. The second session was a lot better. I got a confirmation email as well. Liked it a lot better than calling by phone. Less wait with no annoying background music and no sales pitches.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Based on my experience the person I dealt with kept contradicting themselves and provided me incorrect information, ie different from Bell's website. If I was to post our chat you would laugh, the rep must have stated " I have the correct information now" about 5 times, each time I would point to the web site correcting them. You need to cautious in what they are telling you as the information they are using doesn't appear current.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I agree with you 100%.

Just like when you phone Bell, if you do not like the answer, call again, the answer is almost always different.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I once worked for Convergys here in Winnipeg. Before I was assigned to the Bell TV project, I was on the Charter Ecare Sales Team. We had to do two chats simutaneously. If I was doing a big tripple-play sale involving telephone service I would change my availability settings so I would only deal with one customer at a time.

BTW, I use Bell TV's chat all the time. I just have to remember to change my province on bell.ca to Ontario (from Manitoba) else I won't find the link.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In what way? Is there something we should be asking or not asking?
I just reduced my programmimg via chat. At the first attempt by browser crashed (my problem, not Bell's) but I had saved all the chat message. The first CSR confirmed the new price I had determined from the web. After re-connecting and pasting the recorded chat the second CSR confirmed everything and made the changes. I then got an e-mail confirming everything. So there were no contradictions. However, the changes won't actually be activated until the beginning of the next billing period in a few days, so I can't say I'm home and dry yet.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Just like phone support, chat support varies with the CSR. There appears to be some very knowledgeable CSRs and other not so. If the one you get seems not so good, I suggest saying goodbye and trying another session.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts