Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my bell router's 'i' shaped button turned red from white and I noticed that my wifi has gotten severely worse after this case. I moved out to the living room from my room long time ago so that I could get higher frequency for my wifi and it worked, I had much faster wifi and had nearly no problem about it. However, after the red light came on on my router, I noticed that the ping was severely high, to nearly up to 300 to 400 every second. I couldn't play a game without lagging a second and I had to wait long to watch a youtube video sometimes. I called the bell company few times to ask about this red button and they all replied that red light means no internet... yet I have internet, just really inefficient one. After doing speed test, it was all normal at 15 Mbps, but I'm pretty sure speed is not the issue here, but the frequency or stuff like that. I felt like no one that I called really understood the situation and they all replied with try purchasing this and that and try restarting the router... I need actual help please, can anyone explain what is happening with my router and how to fix it please?

Thank you greatly

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
Have you tried unplugging it for 30 seconds? If that doesn't do any good, it could be a line issue. I would check line levels to see if they are OK. Not sure how to do this on a Bell modem but it's probably documented in a FAQ or sticky post. It would help if we had more info like modem model and internet plan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried unplugging it for 30 seconds? If that doesn't do any good, it could be a line issue. I would check line levels to see if they are OK. Not sure how to do this on a Bell modem but it's probably documented in a FAQ or sticky post. It would help if we had more info like modem model and internet plan.
I tried restarting the router several times and normally the steps that show up on the router is done this way:
1. Loading
2. Connecting to Fibe internet
3. Error 3000
(Might not be the exact words that it says)

After the loading process, it says that it is connected and the light for 'i' symbol is orange.
Few seconds after that, it turns to white and that was normally what it looked like before.
After around 10 seconds the router has reconnected wifi, the 'i' symbol goes back to red like the image above.

The modem model I believe it's 3000, since that's what I see on the router, but if it's not that, I'm not quite sure and internet plan should be 15 Mbps, wireless

This issue occured around a week ago now

I think it would be the best thing to call a technician for the checkings, but again because of the messiness at my place and the covid problems, I am trying to fix this myself

I'm not 100% sure on all the info, because it's my mother who is in charge of the wifi installation

Hopefully I find an answer soon :(

Thank you again

·
Registered
333 Posts
TurnipAnt:
You might want to try posting your issue on Bell Canada Direct forum via DSLReports. Their people eg BellMatt are very good at troubleshooting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suspect that it is either network congestion and/or traffic shaping on the part of Bell. I know of a few people, myself included, that have experienced the same issue of losing internet without losing DSL signal. If left alone internet often comes back on it's own after awhile. For me it seems to mostly happen at busy times during the working day or when I'm downloading a large torrent file.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This might help, Troubleshooting error codes with my Home Hub modem
Error code 3000 is not listed but it might be an overheating issue.
Hello again, I am very sorry for a very late response and thank you very much for the help, I eventually realised that it wasn't Error 3000, but it was Error 2000, which indicated Outage, which I assumed meant my modem was outdated. If that's the case, there was an employee on the phone from bell that told me that he would update my modem and I thought that fixed everything because the 'i' light came back to normal to white. After around 15 minutes though, it automatically restarted the modem and made it go back to red. So I'm not sure if the person on the call just made a mistake or outdate is not the problem

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
, but it was Error 2000, which indicated Outage,
That probably indicates a line or equipment problem between the modem and the Bell CO. That needs to be escalated to a tech who can isolate the issue. If other people in the area are having the same problem, it could indicate a wider network issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That probably indicates a line or equipment problem between the modem and the Bell CO. That needs to be escalated to a tech who can isolate the issue. If other people in the area are having the same problem, it could indicate a wider network issue.
I just tried calling Bell ONE MORE time just to hopefully find an answer and the person on the call told me to try resetting the modem by pressing a button on the side of the modem. I did that and it's been around 30 minutes now but the 'i' light has not changed back to red from white. Therefore, I think the problem is fixed for now... I'll have to actually test it and watch it for around 2 to 3 days, but at least for the moment it seems good. Thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts