Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how one would become a Bell TV vip customer? I keep reading that some VIP customers in the GTA are getting 9252 recievers installed, but when I call Bell, no one has a clue what i am talking about.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would assume these VIP's are Bell managers, corporate heads, executives etc. Peano (or Pinza?) might know.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Don't know about now but back in 2007 before I left BTV basically you need to have the largest package as well as being a BELL bundle custumer IE BTV,Bell Intermnet, Phone & cell.

For BTV you basically need to sub to all english packages(excluding PPV) or French packages(excluding PPV).

Don't know about this PVR deal but during my stint with BTV you'd get 'presents" sent to you from BTV nothing fancy.(Key Chains, credits for PPV movies, Free movie vouchers for movies at theathers things like that).

Basically if you where spending $350 +/month(excluding PPV packages) on Bell services you where considered a Bell VIP customer.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
nic78 is bang on.

Become a high powered executive at Bell and you might get a 9252, although I do not think any have been installed for several months now, it was a very limited number.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Thanks Peano, that was funny.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish I knew. I do know how to become an very unimportant person with Bell:

Subscribe
that's not a joke. i've wanted to add a pvr for a while (i'm currently renting an HD receiver)
and saw some adds after X-Mas for $199 PVR's. Called Bell and of course this is only for new members. (for me $599) There was no way i could get any discount at all.

Yet it's us members who already feed this beast monthly and that's how we get thanked.

So ya, i'm more a VIP member for Rogers right now than Bell.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
nic78 is bang on.

Become a high powered executive at Bell and you might get a 9252, although I do not think any have been installed for several months now, it was a very limited number.
Interesting, because back in 2007 and before that I received a card that stated I was a VIP Customer(and I definitely don't work for bell or am I an Executive)that had a phone number on it when called depending what service you where calling about, it jumped you ahead of the waiting list on the call line up for those waiting and your call was answered less then 5mins.

Threw away the card( I wish I still had I would of posted it so others could jump the Que.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I think you are confusing paying Customers and Bell VIP's.

It is Bell VIP's that get the 9252's, not Bell Customers.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
I don't anything about this PVR deal that I don't know , but when I had all BELL services thats what BEL VIP customers got and a few other treats as well.

Like I said nothing major, discounts of Bell products, Receivers, phones,etc.

The catch was you need to sub to
Phone
Cell
Internet
Sat(need to sub to largest packages, excluding PPV)
and spend at least 350(thats where they got you)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I just read back through this thread and I guess I worded it incorrectly in the first few posts I made in this thread. These Receivers are NOT for Bell TV Customers, ViP or otherwise, they are being installed, have been installed at Bell Executives premises.

Hope that makes it clearer.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Pinza, are these 9252's that you've seen an actual Bell branded box, or just the Dish 922 receiver? And, is the user interface Bell branded? I'm just curious how much work has gone into this.

-Mike

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
They are fully Bell TV Branded, right down to the Remote.

They did the exact same many moons ago when I saw the 3200 & 5200 down at Wynford Drive in Toronto, fully Bell Branded.

This is why I believe (hope) we will see them, eventually.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Back in my day at Expressvu (sorry it will always be BEV to me) a VIP was someone of "status". IE- executives, celebrities, famous hockey players, famous designer with 35 IRDs in his "house" etc...

They all received "better" service, ie- spoke to VIP CSRs, best technicians, no wait, a tech would be dispatched same day etc

Cheers, K!

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I wish I knew. I do know how to become an very unimportant person with Bell:

Subscribe
Good one.

Corollary: Become a MIP (More Important Person) by unsubscribing.

Then they start tripping over each other with retention offers. A couple of years ago I was offered 50% off for a year plus 50% off on a 9242. Can't get that now. :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
Back in 2005 I recall an individual from Timmons who figured out how the game was played after his first legitimate complaint (defective 6100 would not activate day of Superbowl... part of a defective batch of 6100). Anyways, he ended up w/ a free 6100 and 19 months worth of free programming until someone caught on and put the end to it.

Cheers, K!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
part of a defective batch of 6100
Bet BEV never admited to that.....lol They NEVER have problems, not then and not now.

·
Registered
562 Posts
True... nothing is ever wrong w/ the 6100 LOL!

Nor the time BEV released a S/W update which disabled all the 3100s in the country for an entire morning (Error 002 with 90% signal strenght)

Cheers, K!

·
Registered
23 Posts
i can answer the question on how to be a BELL V.I.P. I am on of the 2 techs in Quebec who does the V.I.P. installations. Most V.I.P. clients are either very well placed employees of BELL or they are people who signed a contract promissing large amounts of money to BELL ( Ex. a contractor has a building of 100 unities and signed an exclusivity to BELL for people renting ) Could have exceptions for celebreties but they don't get any deals, only a better service. Many of the VIP jobs i do recently include 4 free Pvr's with all the channels for free for 3 years. and its very common to see 3 or 4 members of the same familly all get the deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts