Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
56,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
@micsride : Just as an FYI, we still get CRV4 on Rogers. I believe that the channel order/numbers have changed a bit, so have a look around the channels where TMN1 used to be. For example, the numbers don't go 1, 2, 3, 4...

The order of my channels is CRV1, HBO1, HBO2, ENC1, CRV3, CRV2, CRV4, ENC2. I don't really care of the order as long as they're all there. After all, HBO2 is simply a 2 hour timeshift of HBO1 (That's in the 550 channel number range for Rogers).

In the 301 channel range, the order is different - CRV1, HBO1, HBO2, CRV3, CRV2, CRV4, ENC1, ENC2 CRVOD Movies, EncoreOD, HBOOD, CRV1, HBO1, HBO2, ENC1, CRV3, CRV2, so, in the latter part of the sequence the second CRV4 and ENC2 are "missing", but I can find them twice in other spots.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
CRV4 is not in HD it is only in the SD range 303.
HD - 1251-crv1, 1252-crv2, 1253-crv3
SD - 300-crv1, 301-crv2, 302-crv3, 303-crv4

·
Registered
45 Posts
New topic.
Does anyone know if Bell has anything similar to ShawDirect's Extra Small TV package which includes the major Canadian and US networks as well as all five TSN channels and all six SN channels?

·
Super Moderator
16,665 Posts
@Leesnurg I moved your post to this thread since it deals with Programming Packages. Bell's "Good" package is similarly priced, but only includes the 4 regional TSN and Sportsnet channels and includes more general entertainment channels. I've seen you post in Shaw's Southern thread, so I should point out that Bell Satellite can't be received in the southern U.S.

·
Super Moderator
16,665 Posts
I noticed that Bell has a limited time promo for new residential customers that includes free HD PVR rental with the Starter package for $24.95/month. Installation is free with a 24-month contract.

This is unusual because there isn't a requirement to subscribe to any other services and Bell doesn't normally include PVR rental for the Starter package. This seems to be a cottage promo based on the link, but I can't see any reason you couldn't install this in a house.

Links: https://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV
https://www.bell.ca/Bell_TV/Promotions/Satellite-TV-at-the-Cottage#INT=SAT_satwhybell_TIL_cottage_Acq_041929_ab

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
No More Paper

This may not be in the right place so mods. please feel free to move this posting to where it is more appropriate.

I've just received an email from Ma Bell informing me that as of Dec. all Bell billing is going paperless. They offer no option to continue paper billing even at a slightly extra cost. They do give a number of ostensibly valid reasons but fail to address one issue. How in H will people who either don't have/can't have and/or don't want the increasingly intrusive internet in their lives, and there are still tons of the latter, going be able to get their monthly bill? Perhaps those people should just stop paying and later claim that they were never presented with a bill? Could make for interesting court case.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bell must have ran the numbers. The quantity of people who do not have or want internet is minisual. More than likely, they are also low-value subscribers to the Bell family of products. Also, unless someone uses PPV, does the bill REALLY change that much month-to-month?

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I get e-mail from all my bill senders saying they want you to switch to paper-less billing. Even though you tell them NO iI want a paper billing they constantly nave you to go paper-less. Yes Bell is wrong in forcing you to go paper-les and that should be the individuals decision to go paper-less or not, but it there option to charge you for that paper bill, just like the bank charge you for so many fees.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@MCIBUS: The thing is that Bell isn't even offering an option. The Bill is only available at their website/through their lousy app. That is the part I find unacceptable.

@ParadoxInsanity: If someone has a Home Phone (landline) and no fixed long distance plan then yes their bill would fluctuate monthly depending on their long distance usage. Also there would be several increases each year for various "reasons" and that information is only available in advance on the bill or maybe the website.

Look I'm not saying that this is a massive problem but as a senior myself I know many people my own age who don't have any internet and even a young couple of 25 or so who have consciously decided to not have anything to do with the web due to some bad past experiences with it. These people all have a landline phone. What are they supposed to do? Or a better question. Would a complaint to the CRTC serve any purpose?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@jdevlin: Right now they send you a bill on paper and/or an email notification that your bill is ready to view (and print) at their website. They expect you to have set up an account on their website (MyBell or something stupid or childish in name like that). What they ignore of course is that a person may not even have Bell internet. I get a Bell bill because I subscribe to Bell TV and my wife has a Bell Mobility cell account. Our actual internet, landline phone and email is with another ISP. Bell doesn't even offer internet service on PEI so yes up to now if I had wanted to there was no reason for Bell to know my email.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
One thing in all this is, what if the individual doesn't have a laptop,computer or isn't into this"Social Media/Internet age"? Yes I know that sounds odd in today's world but there are a few still out there.What about them? How will Bell deal with them?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
You can set up direct payment and check your monthly bill by calling Bell if there are some discrepancies.
Customer can also set up an account and do payment or changes to the account by visiting Tim Hortons, Starbucks or many other places with free wifi.
Customer can also print their bill by accessing their account if they want to see or keep paper bill.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Again this doesn't help if there are those that are like MICBUS states...that are without a laptop or smartphone.

How would they call Bell if they don't know what there bill is and whether there is any discrepancy?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
With nothing to watch on the Sports Channels I have decided to dump The Good 2 package in favour of the basic package and now I am only paying $24.95 a month.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I did the same thing a year ago. I added the options of different time zones (my PVR has one tuner only) and the 10 channels for $20. I really only watch a few series on those channels and I think I have at least 2 channels that I don't watch but I have to choose 10. I don't watch sports except golf which is one of the 10 channels.

Bob

221 - 238 of 238 Posts