Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Superstations?

I while back I downgraded my Bell subscription to Good 2 as I couldn’t justify paying fully for two satellite subscriptions. I noticed over a week ago that my 6400 was showing the superstations. At first I thought it was a free preview but they are only showing up on my 6400 not any other receivers. Anyone else have them show up?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I while back I downgraded my Bell subscription to Good 2 as I couldn’t justify paying fully for two satellite subscriptions. I noticed over a week ago that my 6400 was showing the superstations. At first I thought it was a free preview but they are only showing up on my 6400 not any other receivers. Anyone else have them show up?
Yes....I have them as well....on my 9242's, showed up last week.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I am subscribed to time shifting. I am on the old theme packs of programming. I do receive WGN, WPIX, and KTLA as part of the theme packs I subscribe to. I do not receive WSBK or WPCH.

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
@cyclist44 I'm pretty sure the channel list is "frozen" on grandfathered packages. I think there were some changes to the time shifting pack a few years ago, so if you're on the really old version with lots of cities, I wouldn't expect Bell to add new channels.

·
Registered
178 Posts
FYI I am on the starter package with time shifting. WGN, WSBK, CW and KTLA have showed up. Thought it was a preview but their is no (info) on their descriptions.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm on the original better package with time shifting, and I don't receive WSBK. I do get WGN,WPCH,WPIX, and KTLA. With so many old and newer versions of packages it's hard to know what channels you are supposed to be receiving, and now with the missing channels resulting from Bell updates it gets even more confusing.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm assuming BTV and Fibe have the same price increases. If so according to my latest bill OCT 1/18 the TV Packages Good,Better & Best are going up by $3 and Home phone up by $1 all on OCT 1/18. have Bell Fibe.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
promotion expire

My $10/month promo expired and I made my annual call to get a renewal.
They would not renew it but gave me two months of free movie network. That's $45, equivalent to four months of the old promo.
I'll be calling back in two months to see what I can get out of them at that time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wfn channel

Here's a question I have bell satellite tv with WFN subscription and my sister subscribes to bell fibe she also subscribes to WFN. She gets 2 channels on in SD and the other in HD. I for whatever reason only get SD what's the deal? Who even uses SD nowadays? How do I get HD version?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Bell Fibe has more HD channels than Bell satellite because Bell satellite does not have enough bandwidth to carry more HD channels.
I am not sure but maybe with Bell TV app on Apple TV 4 or on Amazon Fire TV you may be able to get the same HD channels with Bell satellite subscription but I am not sure about that. Maybe someone with Bell satellite subscription using Apple TV can answer that.

201 - 220 of 238 Posts