Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I got to HBO Canada to watch online content that is apparently available to me because I subscribe to HBO Canada via TMN on Bell TV (Satellite). I click on Watch Now and get sent to the Bell Canada Website, where I sign in. I go to TV, click on Watch Now, am asked to sign in (AGAIN) and it takes me back to my Bell profile. I click on "My Services" click on TV, click on Watch Now, and it asks me to log in again. And REPEAT forever. This is not the first time I have run into navigation issues with Bell's website.

Does anyone know what the issue is, and am I doing anything wrong? I had been hoping to activate HBO GO on my Roku (set up like it's in the US via Unblock US), but I don't see Bell TV listed as a service provider, which makes sense. I suppose unlike Netflix, I won't be able to watch HBO shows on the Roku, unless I subscribe to HBO in the states. I will worry about that later. First, I would like to resolve this issue with the website. I even tried to find a place to send feedback about the site, but can't find any. If anyone knows that, it would be a start.

Trish :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
when I log into Bell TV online using my cellphone and a wifi. I am able to watch the basic channel lineups but most of the channels I click on say I don't have a subscription to the channels (TMN and HBO), which I do. I think there is a syncing problem.?????

·
Registered
137 Posts
It comes down to their bell tv app and online tv suck pretty hard. I always get the " you do not subscribe to this channel" on the app when i do. and channels are randomly "blacked out" but if i grab my ipad and try the same channel on the same wifi its not blacked out. Explain that. Their site is slow and suffers the same weird issues, consistently. All in all who ever is managing their online tv apps and web page is doing a poor job.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've noticed some of the channels on the app for my IPhone are not even available with Bell - it has all the Buffalo, NY local channels instead of the Boston channels on satellite, and when I click to watch, it doesn't allow me to.

There are others as well that come up for me - anyone have a list?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anything owned by Rogers is blocked (Sportsnet, City, etc). Also it seems like the major live sports on TSN are blocked (Sunday night football, etc) so that's a bit of a pain. Lots of teletoon and disney jr content for the kiddies though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bell TV Online on PC

When i get into Bell TV Online on my pc and i put the video player into full screen mode, it still has a black border. Is it possible to truly go full screen on the pc with this service?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I get a tiny black border at the top and sides, but I don't find it very significant. The poor picture quality is more of a problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just some notes from what I've seen.
Valen, not all rogers channels are blocked all the time. I have definitely watched the sportsnets *sometimes*. It has been blocked other times. But for the most part, I've been able to watch Jays games with the Android app. I think maybe also raptors, can't remember.
Never got it to work with PC...not sure if you can watch live on PC? Its all poorly done and confusing, as people have said :).
Inglewood, I complained (I think) about the buffalo locals within the app, in another thread. Ah, here. Annoying!

This may start to get off topic. But for those wanting to watch TSN, there's a TSN app (and on their website) where you can login with this same Bell account, and you can watch TSN and TSN2 (presumably only if you subscribe to both) right from their app/website. And the quality is wayyyyy better than the Bell app (as SportsFan mentioned, its not great on the Bell app).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question regarding Bell TV Onlin

Folks,

I am a subscriber to Bell TV. However, when I try to watch Bell TV Online, I keep getting a 404 error on the video (for every video).

For reference the systems I have tried it on are both a Mac Airbook, and a Windows 8 PC. In both Chrome and IE11. I do use unblockus, but even with turning that off, it makes no difference.

Have any of you experienced this?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I can get the videos to start but if I pause them to let the buffer build up (so I can watch without pauses)I get the error and have to start over.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
When you are activating bell tv on a device it will ask you for a location so the best way is to do it at home on your network.
If some devices are activated at home and some away from home then you may have some issues.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
if all ur trying to do is watch HBO online then why not watch it via the tmngo web site or via the tmngo app? I do this and it works fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts