Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

So, I called Bell TV today to order the NFL Sunday Ticket and I asked them if the Detroit Lions games will be airing on NFL ST. The first rep I talked to in Montreal said that it would, so I added the package. Then I called back because I wanted to know what the September 12th lineup is and what games are on what channels. The rep from Manila I spoke to told me that I cannot view the Detroit Lions with NFL ST. I got mad because now I am being told a different story. Then I asked to speak to a supervisor. The Supervisor told me that they have a fact sheet for certain Border teams and for the Windsor, Sarnia and Chatham regions, The Detroit Lions games will be blacked out. I explained that Bell Does not have Detroit Local Feeds, but instead, Boston feeds. The supervisor told me that I would have to watch the games on the Detroit locals. I ask him, how can I when Bell does not offer them to their customers. I even told that if I get NFL ST, I can watch every team except for Detroit because they do not offer the Detroit locals. He then told me that I should e-mail the request through the Bell.ca website. I explained that I did, but this is beyond stupid. Even if I hook up my OTA antenna to my 9242, I cannot get a strong enough signal to get Fox Detroit. I called Fox Detroit and they told me that Chatham is outside the fringe for their station since the Tower was moved to Southfield when the Digital Transition in the US happened. Might have to talk to my wife to see about going with Shaw Direct or back to Cogeco because of this stupidity.

·
Registered
358 Posts
what the reps have told you is complete BS. I have had Sunday Ticket for 2 years and don't worry, all of the Lions games have been and will be on Sunday Ticket (Not always on the HD channels), as anywhere in Canada is not considered a local market to any NFL team. The only games that aren't found in Sunday Ticket are the Sunday night, Monday night and later on in the year Thursday night games.

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
A different experience..

Now this goes back about 3 years ago but I had the NFL package and the Lions home games that were not sold out were in fact blacked out. That may have changed lately but I assure you that I could not get them. To make matters worse and add a little insult to injury, my son has Cogeco and they broadcasted all of the games whether they were blacked out locally or not.

·
Registered
358 Posts
^^^
in regards to this situation, games were often broadcast on rsn or the abc/cbs feeds as the visiting team is from one of the local markets bell uses. If you are unsure of how Sunday Ticket works and only want it for the Detroit Lions, I would say go by season tickets to the Lions because its only $30 more then ST... lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts