Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

3881 - 3898 of 3898 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
...and I tried the component out to tv2 and its snowy and blurry as well... really looking like this old girl is dead :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Reidw: The Outputs for TV work fine--it's just the composite and coax output for TV2 that don't work--they are blurry and/or make chirping garbled sounds... so I assume there is an issue with the modulator for tv 2...

·
Registered
1 Posts
9242 wont stay in

I just bought a used 9242 It turned on at first. We got it activated on our account. Moved it to another room and now it turns on , then power light goes out, you can hear the hard drive spin up but the unit power light never comes back on. Checked things over and over... very frustrated right now....

·
Registered
71 Posts
9242 died - What model will Bell send me under Dish care?

Hi, my 9242 just broke. Bell is sending me a replacement under Dish Care. Would anyone know what model of DVR I can expect to receive? Do they still have 9242s to issue to me or will I get a 9400 or something? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
9242 died - What model will Bell send me under Dish care?

Hi, my 9242 just broke. Bell is sending me a replacement under Dish Care. Would anyone know what model of DVR I can expect to receive? Do they still have 9242s to issue to me or will I get a 9400 or something? Thanks!
Please let us know which receiver Bell sends you.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
This question has probably been covered somewhere already but I haven't been able to find it.

I'm about to end my satellite service when I move into a new building and switch to a Fibre optics service. I have about 60 time shifted recordings on my 9242 receiver/DVR. Is it true that I can only view the recordings if I am connected/receiving a signal from the Bell satellites? If this is true, is there any workaround that might to enable me to see my recordings after I disconnect?
Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This question has probably been covered somewhere already but I haven't been able to find it.

I'm about to end my satellite service when I move into a new building and switch to a Fibre optics service. I have about 60 time shifted recordings on my 9242 receiver/DVR. Is it true that I can only view the recordings if I am connected/receiving a signal from the Bell satellites? If this is true, is there any workaround that might to enable me to see my recordings after I disconnect?
Thanks.
I was in your situation 3 years ago and found that not only must you receive a signal but the 9242 must be activated to watch recordings. I still have my 9242 internal HDD and 500GB external drive with no known way to retrieve/watch recordings.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
@Jaygeetee: That's what I was afraid of. Fortunately I have time to copy everything from my 9242 to my old standalone Sony hard drive video recorder. The recordings will only be in SD 480I but at least I'll be able to watch the programs.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have had other Bell boxes that were not on my account and was able to view the recordings. It was an old 9200. I did need to have a sat signal.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
New question: Will the TV2 secondary output on the 9242 receiver work with a new flat screen HDTV or is it just for old NTSC tuner sets?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
9242 fan question.
Does the fan run all the time? I have a unit that the fan spins on boot up but stops after the unit is turned on. Is it heat controlled? I have a feeling I have an overheating issue.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I usually only hear the fan when the 9242 is rebooting or an updated has just been downloaded. It definitely does not run loudly enough at other times at other times if at all.

3881 - 3898 of 3898 Posts