Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2661 - 2664 of 2664 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
BEVinBOS here's some basic troubleshooting you can try. Disconnect the two cables at the receiver and reverse them. Don't change anything else. If the problem moves to tuner 1, it could be the short cable, or the output on that separator port is a little weaker. I don't have much experience with satellite - is it possible that tuner 2 is a little weaker than tuner 1?
DrDave - thanks for your suggestion. I had thought the two outputs of the DPP separator were specifically labelled for tuners 1 and 2 on the receiver, but I haven't check in a while. So its an easy thing to try which I'll do soon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I haven't been able to get that details screen back up - it seems if everything is OK on the SystemInfo screen, then the "details" screen just says "Good". To further the cause, I changed the LNB today, which gave a ~ 5 point increase in signal levels on 91W and 1-2 point increase on 82W. So I'm hopefully even less likely to see anything on the "Details" screen in the near future. (Tho once the trees here sprout leaves in the spring, that may be another issue!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a 9241 that’s all original

been having some Rare lockup’s and some unresponsiveness. It used to just reboot after a bit and be good for a while after that, sometimes giving the Hdd failure message, but the pvr was still working

today it finally gave up the ghost. It locked up, rebooted and that was it. Got the hdd failure message, pvr no longer worked. Figured the hdd finally died, it wouldn’t test in the unit (says no hdd installed) so I pulled it and it tests out fine when hooked up to my desktop 🤷‍♂️

while in there I noticed c152 c272 c273 and c355 are physically bulged, so a whole whack of capacitors are going to be ordered and I’ll swap them all out and take care of that issue.

I’m hoping that the hdd is still ok and it’s just a failed capacitor issue? If not does anyone have an updated list of compatible hdds for the 9241?

for kicks I tried a st1000dm003 that I had laying around but it was a no-go

2661 - 2664 of 2664 Posts