Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

2641 - 2660 of 2664 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
TEST 1
1. Plugged PVR directly into back of TV (Samsung with 2 HDMI inputs)
2. Nothing plugged into TV HDMI 2.
3. Switching TV Source did NOT produce the error. BUT, I really wasn't switching inputs because the TV won't connect to another input with no signal.

TEST 2
1. Added an HDMI feed from my computer to TV HDMI 2.
2. TV Source switching to Computer did NOT produce the error.

TEST 3
1. Swapped inputs (PVR - HDMI 2) (Computer - HDMI 1)
2. TV Source switching to Computer DID produce the error.

PARTIAL CONCLUSION
The problem is NOT my Yamaha receiver.

Here are images of the resulting error screens (top 2)
The bottom satellite search occurs AFTER hard resetting PVR.

Images here: https://imgur.com/a/Bii6ITo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crave tv & Bell 9241 receiver help

Hi
I currently have a Bell 9241 receiver, I would like to be able to access Crave through the receiver. I have the receiver hooked up directly to my home internet via Ethernet cord plugged into the receiver. I cant see how I access it , When I go to the on demand setting all I get is the pay per view movies and nothing else. Do I have to have the bell internet adapter ? It appears that this is just to allow your receiver to access the internet via WiFi ?

What should I be doing ? or is it not possible ?

·
Super Moderator
17,708 Posts
Crave is also a streaming service that offers On Demand content which should be accessible on the 9241 receiver according to this link - see Watching Movies and Series packs with your Satellite TV receiver I'm not a Bell Satellite subscriber, so I can't confirm if it works or not, but maybe someone else can.

@bellfan56 have you tested the internet connection through your receiver to confirm it works and have you subscribed to Crave through your Bell Satellite account?

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I check the settings it shows that it is connected, Yes I have subscribed to Crave Tv through Bell. I am able to access it online with a laptop and can plug the laptop into the tv via HDMI cable ( basically my TV is a 2nd monitor ) but that is a nuisance . I was just looking for a easy way to access Crave without having to set up the computer each time .
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I get the crave tv stations but there is a great deal more on the actual Crave TV not just the 4 that come with your subscription on the receiver

·
Super Moderator
17,708 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
@bellfan56,

I have a 9241PVR, I no longer have an account with Bell but I could get Crave on demand with it.
I think pressing the iTV button brings up Demand.
If not, pressing the menu gives you the option somewhere for it.
I did find it pretty clunky and as a result didn't bother with it often.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Several days ago when 9241 was turned on..a notice appeared saying the unit was receiving a software upgrade. After a lengthy download it restarted. The picture seemed brighter. The only other obvious change was the date for 2020 instead of an earlier date near the Echostar logo on the system screens.. Anyone else have this download?

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Bell 9241 PVR - (LG TV) Screen Flashes

Bell guy just installed my new 9241 PVR & now when I 1) scroll or jump forward through recorded event or 2) scroll or jump backward through an event the TV screen goes black & the picture flashes on 2-3 times before the picture stabilizes. I have migraine headaches, this flashing hurts my head so much I want to scream. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem? Please help me, :confused:
Mine too. Seems to get better if it's been on for a while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone ever figured out a solution how to fix the Bell 9241 receiver when it goes into the mode where when you plug it in and just the fan comes on at high speed but never boots up . I have tried changing out all of the known caps that are known to go bad for a total of 15 and also installed a new hard drive . Even tried with no hard drive at all . Been a while since I have seen anyone post anything and was just wondering if anyone else has had any luck

Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
So you have done all the caps that is good. As for the hard drive, before you swapped in a new one did you clear the NVRAM as per the procedures listed here on digital forum? or did you just swap with any old drive? Have you tried also leaving it plugged into satellite feeds and power and waiting a full 48 hours to see if the unit is trying to format the hard disk or take a software update from the sky? Have you looked recently at the posts about the capacitors as 2 new locations in the satellite tuners (under the metal caps covering them) have also been recently added and could also be your problem. Please let us know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes I have I have cleared the NVRAM and replaced the hard drive with a hard drive I know works in these 9241 receivers .Yes I have tried leaving it plugged in for many days hoping it would come back. Yes I have also seen the other posts about the 2 new locations for caps and replaced then as well. All this with no luck . I have also had a few other units doing the same . Something else going wrong with these units but just have not found what it is .

Thank you for your feed back

Edit by 57 - Unnecessary quote removed.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wish I could help further but I don't have a failed unit like yours to look at more specifically. Do you think maybe a software update killed it? When did it last work? I have not heard others on the forum having the same issue at least not to my knowledge.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No I dont think it was a software that did it as I left it plugged in for a few days after it happened and it did come back for a short time but then reverted back to the stage it it at now .It was working fine in the last 30 days so about one month ago. Like I say I have had others do this too in the past so this is not the first !

57 - Unnecessary Quote Removed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi All, I'm experiencing what I think is an unusual pattern with signal loss messages. This is listed on the "Details" page, following the SystemInfo screen (Menu-6-1-3).
For years, I had the dish on the wall of my old house, with no line-of-site obstructions, so I never noticed this screen before. Signal strength was fine for a southern province. In the summer, we moved about 3 miles south, to a large HOA development with extremely limited options for where i could place the dish. So, its not optimal, and I expected I'll have the occasional signal loss. Tho most of the time, the SystemInfo screen tells me everything is fine.
What I'm getting when I do have signal losses, however, is a small number on tuner 1 (~ 1-5 signal losses); while tuner2 is showing a crazy number for the same periods (~75-90). See the photo below.
The setup is the standard 20" dish with a DPP twin LNB, a single coax line running to the receiver, and a DPP separator behind the receiver to the Sat-In ports. Given that, I'd expect both tuners to behave similarly. What's the likely culprit?
I did purchase a used DPP twin LNB online a few months ago when I saw they were getting very hard to come by, so could swap that out if need be. Out of necessity, there's also a couple of coax barrel connectors in the line. As recordings generally happen on tuner 2, it would be good to reduce the incidence of dropouts if there's an easy fix.
Thanks
IMG_4611.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,708 Posts
BEVinBOS here's some basic troubleshooting you can try. Disconnect the two cables at the receiver and reverse them. Don't change anything else. If the problem moves to tuner 1, it could be the short cable, or the output on that separator port is a little weaker. I don't have much experience with satellite - is it possible that tuner 2 is a little weaker than tuner 1?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes I have I have cleared the NVRAM and replaced the hard drive with a hard drive I know works in these 9241 receivers .Yes I have tried leaving it plugged in for many days hoping it would come back. Yes I have also seen the other posts about the 2 new locations for caps and replaced then as well. All this with no luck . I have also had a few other units doing the same . Something else going wrong with these units but just have not found what it is .

Thank you for your feed back

Edit by 57 - Unnecessary quote removed.
It may be the Power supply.I have seen it twice before with the symptoms you described.The one way I could detect it was by a weak high pitch sound coming from the power supply when the cover is off and your ear is close to it.

2641 - 2660 of 2664 Posts