Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Are you sure its been updated? What is the firmware version? Most recent was V237.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jut got a brand new 9241 PVR from Bell, running on the v238 firmware and I got several playback issues on recorded shows. Image skipping, sound jerking, etc. No issues on live TV BTW.

Call Bell's Tech Support and got transfered to "2ND LEVEL" technical support and the guy told me there's PLENTY of known issues/bugs with the latest v238 firmware!! Most of those bugs especially regard playback... he told me to wait for the next update (probably v239) to fix those issues.

I was just surprised to not found any informations regarding those known issues/bugs regarding firmware v238 on this forum.

Anybody ear/read something about those issues?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
SimmZ, don't know what the support guy was telling you because members are not having these issues. If they were, this forum would be lit up. Have you searched for similar problems on this forum to see if anyone else is mentioning it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got my brand new 9241 PVR replaced with another brand new one (not refurbished) by a Bell Tech a few weeks ago and I have the EXACT same playback issues...

Getting one "D.O.A." receiver I can think of it, but getting TWO bad receiver... I don't think so!

My wiring/antenna is good because my old 9200 PVR doesn't do those issues AT ALL... and I just unplug the 9200 then plug the 9241 at same place!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having the same problem on my 9241 - new as of end of June 2011. Loss of sound for 1/2 a sentence whether live or recorded. Verson V238

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
No not the same problem. SimmZ happens only on playback which suggests a problematic drive.

Also note that new firmware was mid-april not end of June.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hugh,

I finally notice the problem happen SOMETIME on LIVE TV, but not as often than recorded show! I would say problem occur almost once when watching every recorded show.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sure, but actually my PVR is very well vented because it was sitting right on the top of my TV stand, it was not enclosed into a TV cabinet...

As I told, I just disconnect my 9200 PVR, then connect the 9241 PVR at the same place, same wiring, same everything.

My PVR is even connected on a huge UPS battery backup system that regulate power input and prevent power failure! How can I improve my setup... I can't see how...?

·
Registered
119 Posts
same problem

Having the same problem on my new 9241 that I purchase in June. Loss of sound for 1/2 a sentence and image froze whether live or recorded.

It's really really ANNOYING, I just bought this new pvr to replace my old one that died.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you guys for reassuring me! ;)

I doesn't fix the problem and I'm still disappointed of my new 9241 PVR, but at least I see I'm not the only one in this situation and that's prove there's really some known bugs on the 9241 PVR running the new v238 firmware. It's like Bell's level-2 technical support says and it's definitely not bullshit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not sure when my 9241 upgraded itself to V238, but in the past week, I've noticed an issue with skipping video frames and sound during playback - usually 10-15 seconds at a time, although not occurring very often. I did a reboot two days ago which seems to have greatly reduced the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Image freezin

I am in Quebec and having same problem with my PVR 9241 v238. I have playback issues and image freezing on live tv.. After a visit of 5 technician and changing tree time of my PVR... there is nothing to do..

Does anyone have any news to know when the v239 will be available? It's been a good month I have the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SimmZ are you still having freezing issues? Is this happens only when you watch PVR programs??? I have a same issue on new receiver and tech support thinks it's the internal HDD. I don't want a refurbished unit if it's something else as I only got my new PVR for 10 months!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You say it is 'new' then mention '10 months', which is it?

if you have been using it for 10 months then I would suggest going through all the usual steps, soft reboot, hard reboot, Check Switch, etc. If that does not work, archive your recodings then format the drive, see if that helps.

If not call Bell and get it swapped, keep swapping until you get one that works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts