Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

561 - 580 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Last night WUTV was broadcasting DV on my 9242, 9200 and my TV during at least the start of The last man standing. I switched to the east coast feed on bell and all was good. It was the station not the Bell units.

·
Super Moderator
56,558 Posts
Make sure you haven't activated SAP or DV settings on your STB. If you're sure it's an issue for everyone, then I suggest you contact WUTV. The broadcaster is often helpful, since they want their audience to have the correct feed. Perhaps you can mention which programming is affected so that others can corroborate since not all programming has DV. I would have thought that if this is an issue for all their OTA viewers that they would have lots of people complaining.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Make sure you haven't activated SAP or DV settings on your STB.
57, that is the problem with the Bell 6141. Changing the audio between DV or English does not solve the problem. I think that function only works for Bell Sat.

Not all programming on WUTV has this problem. Only Prime Time Fox Network programming like Gotham and The Following last night.

Watching The Following on the simsubbed "Bravo' was not good. If I contact WUTV, I'm not sure how I would explain this issue since it seems to be a Bell STB problem.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I don't know about last night but Sunday it WAS NOT a BELL issue. When I tuned WUTV on my TV tuner(no bell hardware involved) the DV was still active.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This morning I made a mistake and accidently deleted everything on my 6141 PVR. It is a WD MyBook 2TB external hard drive.
I did not reformat it, I just made a mistake of which Group I was in when I Selected All. Turns out, I was in the Main List.

Is there any way to "undelete" the files on the drive using a Windows-based Linux Undelete program?

I have hundreds of movies on the drive.

Of course I have no backup. (dumb).

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know that several software applications can recover lost or deleted files on hard drives.I have used one in the past.It did recover most of the lost info.However the names of all files were lost.So basically you need to rename everything.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It also has a coax output. Other than that, it's no different than a 6131. The only other difference between the 6131/6141 and 6400 are the 6400's lack of component outputs.
I often wish I would have had the the 6141 instead of the 6131, because I do have an older TV in my house for the kids that has Coaxial input only (no composite connectors), and since the 6141 has the additional RF modulator output built in, it would cause a lot less clutter. I ended up having to connect the 6131 composite outputs to an old Radio Shack RF modulator my sister gave me, then from that a coax into my TV, and my TV on NTSC channel 3. It works just fine, but I would love less wires back there, ahh well, no big deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Error 002

Hi:
Just joined and first time posting. Hope I am in correct forum. My problem is that I am receiving some stations but not all on satellite 91. When I go to a station it pops up error 015 first showing progress 0 of ... then quickly go to Error 002. The 002 problem started in early spring and has got steadily worse. It is intermittent or sometimes everything works but now it seems to work less than most times. What happens is I loose certain stations such as 525, 503, 210,, 287, 288, 290, 291 and more but yet some of them come in fine such 500,501,502,208 and more. I check the signal strength and it good, check switch it good but no picture and yet next day it may be fine for 1/2 of the day and then go back to same problem. On the dish side I have changed the switch and makes no difference, connected satellite 91 directly to receiver with a barrel connector ,no difference. I have reset receiver (6141) and had Bell reset also, no difference. Did call Bell and they said they would contact stations or something and they would email me but I heard nothing. They also said it seemed to be western stations if that means anything ?
But I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Satellite 82 is good. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Disney Ch on freeview? We sub to two sat services and as such have cut Bell down to the package of good 2 + timeshifting as we just usually only watch it for local news & CFL, so for the last week I noticed that Disney CH #1649 is showing up on just our 6141 and not our other receivers. I thought it might have been a preview but did not see the usual (INFO) on the guide and like I said just showing up on the 6141and not the 9400 & 6400.

561 - 580 of 600 Posts