Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

541 - 560 of 600 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Good find, although for some reason, Bell have been shipping Refurb 6141's for a while now, just being used on Rental Accounts to save 6400's I guess.

No one is connecting the OTA though and most Customers have no idea it is even there, especially the Customers in Apartment Buildings. What a waste of a good receiver.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I went out and purchased another 2tb seagate EHD, the same one I have on my 6131 and I noticed that the record time is off. It's saying that I'm only getting about 180hrs of HD space on the 6141 which is half of what my 6131 & 6400 gets. I'm assuming that it's just off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sounds like a glitch in the Software on the 6141.

Does it change if you put the same Drive on the 6131 or 6400 ?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well I tried the HDD on the 6400 in the kitchen & it was the same 180hrs, I even went and checked to make sure it was the exact same 2tb drive I have on the 6131 and it is, so who knows what the issue is, not a big deal though as it won't have a lot of recording done on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put on a brand new 2TB ehd on my 6141 yesterday and it only showed 180 hours of HD storage as well. After reading the posts above, it sounds like this is a software issue exclusive to the 6141. Disappointing as this is my 3rd full ehd! My 6131 has tonnes of room with a similar amount of recording.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yes I could not get it figured out, as my 6131,6400's all showed 450hrs of HD on their 2tb EHDDS. If I had known this I'd have put it on one of the other receivers first to format it then tried it on the 6141.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well sometime in the future I plan on moving my 6141 to the upstairs living room after I get my outdoor OTA setup so I can receive Global Regina in HD, then move my 6131 to were the 6141 was in the downstairs bedroom. I plan on leaving the HDD's were they are, so I will see if the EHDD stays with 450hrs of HD space. It should. The 6141 I bought was out of the stream for 3 years, maybe someone else that has had one going this whole time with a 2tb HDD can chime in and let us know if they are getting the full hours displaying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a bit of an update... my new Seagate 2TB HDD failed within a couple days (don’t buy Seagate!) so I deleted a few things from my old full WD 2TB and voila! all of a sudden I had 190+ hrs of High Def recording space. So I gather this is all about compression and some of the old recorded programs taking up more space than new ones. Still doesn't explain why a brand new HDD only shows 180 hrs...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question recently put on a Buffalo 1tb EHD on to a 6131. Can I watch one program and record a different one like my 9241 allows me to do?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Bell Receiver - 6140 - Loses signal the odd time

Folks,

So im having issues with a 6000 model receiver. Can't figure out why.
It will just lose sat signal, and if you do a check switch, it only finds 1 "channel" or whatever its called, does not see the switch, and fails.

Unplug for 20min or so, remove sat cable, and it comes back.

Setup:
Older SW44 switch. Switch is installed in the house (basement) Line 1, goes into the power adapter, then into this 6000 receiver.
I have a 9142 receiver as well, Line 2 and 3. No issues.

Cables aren't bend, ends are great, connection looks fine.

IM thinking, receiver is bad, or line on switch is bad. This possible?
If its a bad line, can i power the switch on line 2? and plug my 6000 receiver on line 4?
Or is it a bad receiver?

Any help would be appreciated, wife is driving me nuts. (her tv) hehe ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
From what you are saying, you have a Bell 6400 (The 6000 has not worked on Bell for several years).

Have a look in the 6400 thread, there is a work around until Bell roll out new software.

·
Registered
983 Posts
@ fuzzai,

The Power Inserter must remain connected to Output 1.

Since the 9242 works good with outputs 2 & 3, try connecting the 6xxx receiver to output 4, and try another Check Switch test.

What is the exact Model #?

As Allan B, stated, the old Model 6000 receiver is no longer supported by Bell TV.

If you do have a 6400 receiver, some of these units are having problems similar to what you are describing.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have a problem with OTA audio.

I was recording WUTV and my 6141 used the secondary audio channel with DV.

I can't seem to find how to change the audio channels for OTA.
I rescanned the channels and that didn't fix the problem.
And the audio selection in the SAT menu is only for BELL channels.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
if the firmware is anything similar to that of the 6131, i would press the * button on mine to toggle it on/off. hope this helps

541 - 560 of 600 Posts