Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
821 - 840 of 841 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,186 Posts
Dakotasport, Bell Media launched Animal Planet HD, Investigation Disc HD and Discovery Science HD on Fibe TV. I suspect Bell Satellite is running out of room for new HD channels, so they don't have those channels. There will probably be very few new HD channels added until the MPEG-4 conversion is complete, which will free up more space for new channels.

Fibe TV doesn't have those kind of constraints for adding new channels.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Thanks for that update Dakotasport. Trust me I do not think you are missing anything.....lol

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
To tell you the truth Sun News Is a crappy channel. I have a Bell sub in Quebec which was aquired just before they did their card swap. So about 3 1/12 years ago. At the time in Quebec we had theme pack options just like the rest of Canada. I chose basic plus 5 theme packs and later added anothe one. At the time I had Sun Tv which was later removed because of a conflict with Bell and Quebecor wanted to change its licence and turn it to SUN News. Now I have SUN NEWS.

I think it depends on when you got a sub. Maybe if you have a la carte you have to pay an extra $2. But really you are not missing anything like Pinza says.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
You are correct rogue17-I took the a-la-carte but I wish I could get Speed,WSBK and Game Show Network without taking the big package-too much money for many channels I do not care for. I asked Bell about FX CANADA and was told my suggestion will be sent to the programmin dept. - I won't hold my breath!

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
I asked Bell about FX CANADA and was told my suggestion will be sent to the programmin dept. - I won't hold my breath!
Acording to another memember on thids forum, his friend did a scan of whats been uplinked and it appears F/X is uplink on BTV sats. F/X & the Hollywood 4 where on there before they launched, so its possible.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Suggestion for 2012

This just a sugestion to the ADMins/Mods

For 2012 instead of having a thread "Bell TV 2012 New Channels Discussion" why not just put BTV Channel Discussion" this way you can talk about all BTV channels new & and old.

Just a suggestion?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
The reason for the rumour thread was to separate fact from fantasy. It was weird but many here were losing track of when a channel was really about to be added and when it was just someone's wishful thinking. Sometimes people began reacting to what was only a wish as if it were really about to happen. There were even a few cases where a flame war almost developed between those who believed a rumour and began to assume a new channel was coming soon and those who didn't want the channel. SPEED HD comes to mind. (Thanks to the mods. things never came to that fortunately). I'd hate to see the end of the rumour thread. It's name says it all and helps to keep the discussion in the reality/new channels thread centred in...reality.

·
Registered
67 Posts
TVA Sport HD is on a la carte to. Bell dont update program list but whent you go on your bell acount you can see new channel on change my programation option

·
Registered
305 Posts
4 new HD movie channels were added yesterday. MGM, WB, and 2 others I can't remember the name of. Looks like they are all older movies similar to MPIX.

·
Registered
510 Posts
What I notice is that in Oct-Dec, they add channels and then put through an increase in January. This way they can justify it by pointing to the new channels they just added.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Bell TV should add CityNews Channel (SD & HD) to the Digital Basic Cable and HD Basic Cable Channel Line up for BTV satellite TV customers in Ontario and Nationwide (across Canada). BTV should put CityNews Channel on Digital SD Basic Satellite Channel 517 & Digital HD Basic Satellite Channel 1580. Bell TV should add AUX TV SD (DIGITAL TV Music Channel) to BTV's More Music Theme pack on (Digital Satellite Channel 583) Nationwide across Canada.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Bell TV should add CityNews Channel (SD & HD) to the Digital Basic Cable and HD Basic Cable Channel Line up for BTV satellite TV customers in Ontario and Nationwide (across Canada). BTV should put CityNews Channel on Digital SD Basic Satellite Channel 517 & Digital HD Basic Satellite Channel 1580. Bell TV should add AUX TV SD (DIGITAL TV Music Channel) to BTV's More Music Theme pack on (Digital Satellite Channel 583) Nationwide across Canada.
I may be wrong but isn't Citynews already on Bell 503? If we're talking about the same channel then why would anyone outside Ontario (actually outside Toronto) want this very Toronto-centric service. I've got no interest in traffic views of the 401 nor the latest antics of Toronto city council.

Before I get accused of being one of those Toronto haters, I should tell you that I lived in Toronto from 1956 - 2007 and loved the city but now that I'm living elsewhere the bias of most Toronto area stations especially City has become more evident to me. There's nothing wrong with that bias as its market is Toronto/S. Ont. but the rest of the country shouldn't have to take this channel at the expense of others of more topical interest.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
503 is CP24 and it is available across Canada.

821 - 840 of 841 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.