Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My wife showed me earlier today a new channel appearing in the 15XX (i forgot)

its says " Vu 3D"

and seemed like the aquarium channel, and the screen was splitted in two !

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I do not see anything like that but Bell TV did promise a 3D HD PPV Channel by the end of the year, so it could be in a testing phase.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's on 1933. The 10 seconds I watched (I don't have a 3dtv), it was just a scenery. Like Pinza said, it's probably just tests for now.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Actually it looks great but the use of the glasses really cramps the whole concept of 3D programing. A number of other problems do occur......the size of the screen.........angle of watching.......etc The worst is after an hour or so you become a bit sick to the stomach. A great novelty but really not worth the added expense unless you planned to buy a new set anyways. Prices have dropped due to lack of demand and programing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i see this channel. And it seams to be a duplicate of Oasis. I put it on, and it was a show from oasis channel. Don't know more than that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was unable to see the channel in my guide on my 9200 receiver, which is the receiver I have hooked up to my 3D TV. Phoned Bell 4 times and finally they said that the 9200 can not support 3D. Can anyone verify that their 9200 receiver is missing channel 1933?

Thanks
BR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the 6131/41 series will also support 3D

"The barker channel will be broadcast nationally on channel 1933.
Channel 1933 will be available to all subscribers with an MPEG-4 HD set top box (STB): HD 6131/41, HD PVR 9241/42 and all future MPEG-4 HD STBs."

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well my 9200 had the 3D Golf from the Masters......

Still have it on the PVR.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm wondering how Bell can block the 3D channel from the 6100 and 9200, could they be transmitting it using MPEG4? Can Bell use only one transponder for MPEG 4?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Why would they want to block it from the 6100 & 9200's.

They did NOT block the Golf 3D as I said earlier, so it most definitly was NOT in MPEG4.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Maybe block is a poor choice if words but the fact is this channel can't be received by the older MPEG 2 receivers. This is the first I've heard of a channel that can't be received by these receivers, hence my question whether this station is MPEG 4?

It's been supposed that when Bell begins to change over to MPEG 4 that they will first use it for only their new channels and maybe this is an example.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
They would have to use an entire Transponder for MPEG4 so I would doubt they will want to do that just for a 3D test Channel.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That sounds reasonable Pinza. The thing is I originally thought that a whole satellite had to go MPEG 4, not just a transponder, so this got me thinking that Bell could be partially moving to 4 sooner than we might think. If so some new channels may be on the horizon for those with the newer boxes.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It is a nice thought but can you imagine the outcry if Bell launch say 4 new HD Channels in MPEG4 and all the owners/Renters of 6100 & 9200 Models cannot get them without an Upgrade..... It would be Bell Hell Version 2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts