Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I do not see anything like that but Bell TV did promise a 3D HD PPV Channel by the end of the year, so it could be in a testing phase.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Actually it looks great but the use of the glasses really cramps the whole concept of 3D programing. A number of other problems do occur......the size of the screen.........angle of watching.......etc The worst is after an hour or so you become a bit sick to the stomach. A great novelty but really not worth the added expense unless you planned to buy a new set anyways. Prices have dropped due to lack of demand and programing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was unable to see the channel in my guide on my 9200 receiver, which is the receiver I have hooked up to my 3D TV. Phoned Bell 4 times and finally they said that the 9200 can not support 3D. Can anyone verify that their 9200 receiver is missing channel 1933?

Thanks
BR

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like the 6131/41 series will also support 3D

"The barker channel will be broadcast nationally on channel 1933.
Channel 1933 will be available to all subscribers with an MPEG-4 HD set top box (STB): HD 6131/41, HD PVR 9241/42 and all future MPEG-4 HD STBs."

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Why would they want to block it from the 6100 & 9200's.

They did NOT block the Golf 3D as I said earlier, so it most definitly was NOT in MPEG4.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Maybe block is a poor choice if words but the fact is this channel can't be received by the older MPEG 2 receivers. This is the first I've heard of a channel that can't be received by these receivers, hence my question whether this station is MPEG 4?

It's been supposed that when Bell begins to change over to MPEG 4 that they will first use it for only their new channels and maybe this is an example.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
They would have to use an entire Transponder for MPEG4 so I would doubt they will want to do that just for a 3D test Channel.

·
Registered
620 Posts
That sounds reasonable Pinza. The thing is I originally thought that a whole satellite had to go MPEG 4, not just a transponder, so this got me thinking that Bell could be partially moving to 4 sooner than we might think. If so some new channels may be on the horizon for those with the newer boxes.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It is a nice thought but can you imagine the outcry if Bell launch say 4 new HD Channels in MPEG4 and all the owners/Renters of 6100 & 9200 Models cannot get them without an Upgrade..... It would be Bell Hell Version 2.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.