Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Does the SAT light lits when you press it?

·
Banned
248 Posts
Your remote has four buttons along the top that light red momentarily when you press them. Press the one on the left, labelled "SAT" and make sure you're using sending the correct signal to the correct device. If that doesn't immediately fix your problem, then it gets tougher to figure out.

For UHF, there is a little antenna on the back of your receiver. Make sure it didn't get knocked loose. Also, try resetting your receiver... remove its power... or press and hold the power button until the front lights change and you hear it make a louder noise (it takes like 10 seconds or so... it should be obvious that its resetting by the amount of noise it makes.)

If its not that, they you'll need to dig out your owners manual, and follow the instructions to make sure the receiver and the remote are using the same channel... Its not hard to do, but its not memorable, so you'll want to follow the manual step by step.

Failing all that... its time to wait on hold forever and get some help from Bell.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I stopped doing "official" BTV service calls a couple years ago but I seem to remember going to a service call on a 9242 where the customer called me directly about 6 months ago. I came to the conclusion that the remote 2 doesn't work as a UHF remote when using the single mode (1 TV only) and that it was only meant to be used with the 2 TV setup. I was quite shocked as I know both remotes 1 & 2 worked in the same condition on the 9200. The TSR could not confirm it and I didn't have the user manual. Might have been a different problem other than the usual ones (low batteries, defective antenna, remote address...) but I could not pinpoint it. It's either that or the receiver was defective.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
My receiver is set in DUAL MODE...

The receiver works fine when using the first tuner, and on and off using the tuner 2, I doubt it's the receiver.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I completly removed it and put it back...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
But did you rotate it? For instance, mine basically doesn't work unless it is at approximately the 2:00 position. If it is at 12:00 or 4:00, reception is very poor.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Did you put it back in the correct location.?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Did you put it back in the correct location.?
Dah! I was a TECH2 agent for a year and a half and you think i'm too stupid to put back a little antenna in the hole I just removed it from?

But did you rotate it?
I did... It was at 3:00 postion I say, and now it's at 12:00 position

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Don't get pissy.... It was only a question.

Do you know how many people have the UHF antenna in the Off Air input.?

·
Registered
620 Posts
OK, I sent my 9242 in for replacement as my remote #2 gradually stopped working. When I got the replacement, remote #2 still wouldn't work. I even started swearing at this Indian guy who didn't understand my problem. He had me running from one TV to the other.

I'm in single mode but operating two HD TVs with my PVR, so my situation may not be the same, but this is what I did.

I pressed the mode button on the front panel and it says, do you want to continue? I pressed yes and remote #2 now works, no problem. I hope this helps you or others who can't get the second remote working or maybe your 9242 needs replacement.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Don't get pissy.... It was only a question.

Do you know how many people have the UHF antenna in the Off Air input.?
Lots. I've seen numerous times when someone has connected the sat feed onto the wrong connector as well (if I recall this casues the unit to shut off in some circumstances) Plugging a phone line into the network port also messes up your phone line. Easy to do, particularly if reaching into a cabinet or "feeling" your way around the back of the unit if you can't see it :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Controlling 2 TV's with a single 9242 receiver

Ok, I'm a newbie to this so bear with me. I just ordered a 9242 receiver. I have a TV in the living room and one in the bedroom. I'd like to run a cable from the receiver in the livingroom into the TV in the bedroom. Am I able to switch channels on the TV in the bedroom even though the receiver is on the lower level, or am I stuck watching the same channel with no ability to switch it?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Am I able to switch channels on the TV in the bedroom even though the receiver is on the lower level
Yes, using the TV2 feature. The second remote is RF. It will make sense when you get your 9242. I'm sure there is lots of info on here through a search, as well.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
There are so few 9242's in the warehouses that most orders are being fulfilled by switching the model to a 9241.... Just check when the Tech arrives that it is an actual 9242, as the 9241 does NOT feed 2 TV's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Doesn't the 9241 feed 2 tv's still just you are stuck watching the same channel on both, but you can still change the channels in your bedroom with the uhf remote. Are there two remotes with the new 9241? Just wondering since i may be switching soon and need the two remotes.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Doesn't the 9241 feed 2 tv's
No it does not. Please see the 6131/9241 discussion thread for more information. As OP question is now answered, I am closing this thread

·
Registered
38 Posts
9200 and 5200 UHF remotes

I wanted to set up my receivers in a media room in the basement and feed the tv's on the main and 2nd floor with hdmi and coax.

Will the UHF remotes for the 9200 and 5200 conflict with each other.

Is there a way to change the UHF remote address like you can with the IR remotes.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yes they will conflict if on same address. YOu change it the same way you change the IR address.

21 - 40 of 110 Posts