Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am moving out into the country. I called Bell about their portable internet and received a modem and it gets 5 bars at the new house.

Now their service states there is a 30gig limit per month and then there is a charge per gig for overages.

When I asked a service rep probably 10 times if there was a MAX CHARGE to the overage charge I simply got "it's 30gig". English was obviously not their first language. :rolleyes:

Anyone know the answer to this? Can I download 10 billion gigabytes a month? And only pay say $50 or $60 or something? A friend told me to just call and get the Business service which is unlimited but they don't advertise so I may just do that.

In terms of competition, I read a post on this forum stating that Roger's has no cap anymore on their portable internet? But I believe their site says 30gig as well...

I don't download 10 billion gigs a month but 90gig is about average...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also if I may also add the following question:

I can't seem to find the Roger's equivalent on their site, did they dump this service? All they seem to offer now is the rocket hubs and sticks with 3GB limits...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bell does not enforce the cap on it's portable internet. Download away. BTW expect your quality of service to be nothing near what you were used to with dsl or cable. Bell's "wimax" is obsolete technology, overloaded and being fazed out according to various sites I've read. If your an internet addict, don't move somewhere you can't get hard wire internet as you will not be happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts