Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone know why Bell would be having issues with their phone where a user cannot send / rec SMS text? My step son brought his in to the Bell store last night and they had to replace the SIM card? ( I didn't know bell had SIMS) The lady told them this was the 8th one in one day. :confused:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Bell has two networks (CDMA / HSPA). HSPA devices do use sim cards.

In terms of your issue, its entirely possible that the sim card was starting to fail. I know back when they launched the new network there were some cards that would eventually fail and cause random issues.

·
Registered
528 Posts
A call to Bell Tech Support on the night of the 22nd: there was an outage (of sorts). Bell's text-handling went off the rails and 1000's of messages were stuck in a queue. According to Bell, this was not a handset problem.

I don't know why a Bell store rep would continue to change sim cards to "solve" this problem. Didn't the person do any checking with their back-channel tech support before replacing SIM #8. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hopefully they straighten it out before my next bill as when checking my unblilled usage on bell.ca it shows that I've sent "roaming text messages" and I don't want any extra charges for those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts