1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Either way, that SP 70 plan lays a whooping on anything from Rogers for their smartphones and the iPhone!!!

This is good news for us smartphone obsessed people of the world!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
This looks a lot like the 2008 reiteration of the 2007 holilday specials. The $45 is virtually the same as Telus offered last year with the purcahse of a Blackberry Pearl and a 3-year contract, except then the data/email were unlimited. In fairness, 500MB on a Blackberry is virtually the same as unlimited for most users. It will be interesting to see how Telus matches the competion this season now the Bell has revealed its offers.

Rogers puts a cap on its data plan for the iPhone but does allow the client to use the data either on the phone or by connecting a laptop. I would happily exchange "unlimited" for a cap if I could use the data any way I wanted.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow we actually seem to have a better deal on those plans in NB. Over here they're 35,60 & 100 (This is confirmed cause I was at a retail location today, and that's what Bell sent them)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My Gut is the deals will be better in January.
History would disagree with you. Traditionally, the rate plan deals expire before New Years, and most Boxing Week promos are on hardware that are truly questionable (except when they offer refurbished Vista 100's & Vista 350's).

This year may be different with extra competition entering the marketplace, but I doubt it.

These plans are really good, but I think the $50 Student Fab 10 w/ Smartphone data is better, too bad that's been discontinued.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts