Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so big question here. Right now we have been with bell for 3 years, using their rural 3mpbs modem (which we hardly every get 3mbps).

In that time, not once have we gone over our 10gb maximum download limit, we used to have 2 xboxs playing long hours on the internet and downloading stuff all the time, we easily had gone over the limit but never once charged for it.

We just tried out the rocket hub over the weekend, in which i alone played the xbox for couple hours each day, and within 2 days we are already at 3gb used.

Thing is, we used to play 2 xboxs for hours on end and still never went over our 10gb on bell, but went we go to rogers and try out their turbo hub we use of data like its nothing.

How does that work? Any explanation as to why we have never gone over our bell limit, but we can easily go over rogers 10gb limit in under a week of usage?

Because if bell is known not to track data we might consider trying theirs out for 10 days and seeing how it goes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody know why my rural modem 10gb usage never gets used up ever, but when we tried the rocket hub for 3 days we burned through 3gbs...

·
Registered
484 Posts
The Bell CDMA data usage tracking essentially does not work. I don't think it will ever go much over 100MB, regardless of how much you actually use. I've never gone much over 150MB with my phone, regardless of how much I use it.

The Bell GSM data usage tracking works, from what I have heard, so that's probably not going to work any different for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well! That explains everything!!!! Thanks rpr :)

So i have a question for anybody out there than. Has anybody every gotten like a 40 or 50gb data plan for there turbo hub with bell for like $50-60 each month?

I mean don't they have ANYTHING at all for rural customers that need more data... any suggestions if i were to call in that has worked for you guys to get more data?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts