Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bell Mobility serves up new customizable user interface for its Windows smartphones

It seems that Bell Mobility, like many Windows Mobile phone users, was not happy with the current Windows Mobile user interface because today the company announced an new interface that will soon grace the home of a wide range of its Windows Mobile 3G smartphones.

In a written statement, the company says the new interface offers users more than 60 ways to personalize the main screen using different combinations of 25 icons including headline sports, news, weather, horoscopes, email and more.
Sounds like they are trying to turn them into iPhone clones.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Not even close, you can see the new interface at www.bellinterface.ca

iPhone clone would be better than they are offering. I personally think that the standard Touch Diamond interface is much better looking than the new Bell interface,

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INteresting, I tried to see the video they published in a release but it wasn't working.

But I echo your sentiment, its brutal and appears to be just a crude attempt to get folks to use Bell's services as opposed to improving the user interface!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
One saving grace is that it is Windows Mobile and you can guarantee that within a few months (possibly weeks) there will many other UI's on the many WM customising sites out there. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a hack to bring the standard HTC interface to Bell's Diamond within a week.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You can easily disable the Bell UI on the phones. A friend of mine has the HTC Touch Diamond, and I confirmed we were able to switch back to TouchFLO 3D (it's just a Today plugin)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts