Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 242 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
August Premieres on Bravo

Monday, Aug. 18, 9 p.m. – DALLAS “Denial, Anger, Acceptance” *Season 3B Premiere*

Wednesday, Aug. 27, 9 p.m. – LEGENDS “Pilot” *Series Premiere*

Bravo August Highlights.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
That's a good question, Reid. I found this on the photo carousel at www.bellmediapr.ca/Network/Space:

"DOCTOR WHO Season 8 premieres Saturday, August 23".

I double-checked and Space didn't put it in the August highlights and haven't issued a separate press release (yet).

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
I just hope Space shows better movies then there being showing.These shark movies are just plain stupid. A two headed shark, Mega Shark VS this monster, Mega Shark vs a giant octopus, and the dumbest of them all Sharknato 1 & 2.

Yeah right a guy jumps thru the air with a chain saw gets swallowed by a shark and the guy comes blasting thru the sharks tail. :rolleyes:

What next having sharks walking on their tail on land and talking? :eek:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
@dr dave: This worries me because this is exactly how the CBC treated Doctor Who one season before cutting it. It was shown as scheduled but it got little publicity to the point that it seemed that the CBC didn't want anyone to watch it. It was there because of contractual commitments only. One year later the CBC let it go to SPACE. Now the same thing seems to be happening again (G*d I hope I'm wrong).

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Season 2 of BITTEN to premiere in early 2015 on Space

Space announced today that production has begun on Season 2 of BITTEN. The 10-episode, second season of the one-hour thriller is set to premiere in early 2015 on Space. Season 2 of BITTEN was acquired for U.S. broadcast by Syfy.

Full Press Release.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
RE: Highway To Hell
A pretty good series but it could be better. The series is shot on one of the most spectacular/scenic stretches of highway in BC. The vistas should be stunning. That aspect doesn't come through in the cinematography very well especially considering that the program is in HD.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Official Press Release confirms DOCTOR WHO, Season 8, on August 23 on SPACE

On Saturday, Aug. 23, Peter Capaldi debuts as the latest incarnation of the world’s most beloved Time Lord when the feature-length, two-hour Season 8 premiere event of DOCTOR WHO kicks off at 8 p.m. ET with two, back-to-back episodes.

Leading up to the event, Space’s flagship series INNERSPACE covers the most highly-anticipated regeneration in the universe with INNERSPACE PRESENTS: Doctor Who Season 8, Friday, Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. ET. This 30-minute special includes feature chats with Steven Moffat (SHERLOCK), former Doctors Matt Smith, David Tennant, and Peter Davison, and all-new interviews with current companion Jenna Coleman, and the Twelfth Doctor himself, Peter Capaldi.

Following DOCTOR WHO, the all-new paranormal series INTRUDERS debuts at 10 p.m. ET, exclusively in Canada on Space. The eight-episode, one-hour series follows a secret society seeking immortality by inhabiting the bodies of others. Beginning Saturday, Aug. 30, INTRUDERS moves to its regular timeslot of 9 p.m. ET, following an all-new episode of DOCTOR WHO at 8 p.m. ET.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
@dr dave: This worries me because this is exactly how the CBC treated Doctor Who one season before cutting it. It was shown as scheduled but it got little publicity to the point that it seemed that the CBC didn't want anyone to watch it. It was there because of contractual commitments only. One year later the CBC let it go to SPACE. Now the same thing seems to be happening again (G*d I hope I'm wrong).
Looking at the press release, it seems Bell Media wanted to get all their ducks in a row and make a big splash with the whole night's lineup. If they were planning to abandon Doctor Who, I don't think they would have commissioned an INNERSPACE special.

·
Registered
761 Posts
RE: Highway To Hell
A pretty good series but it could be better. The series is shot on one of the most spectacular/scenic stretches of highway in BC. The vistas should be stunning. That aspect doesn't come through in the cinematography very well especially considering that the program is in HD.
According to the last episode I assume they'll be doing some work in Fort McMurray on highway 63 as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
DOCTOR WHO Takes Over Space Beginning August 20

Peter Capaldi debuts as the new Time Lord when the Season 8 DOCTOR WHO premiere event kicks off Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. ET

DOCTOR WHO moves to 9 p.m. ET timeslot beginning Saturday Aug. 30

DOCTOR WHO: THE ULTIMATE TIME LORD and DOCTOR WHO: THE ULTIMATE COMPANION premiere back-to-back Aug. 20 at 9 p.m. ET

INNERSPACE PRESENTS: DOCTOR WHO SEASON 8 features exclusive interviews with Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. ET

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS Airs Live, Sunday, Aug. 24 at 9 p.m. ET on MTV & Much

The VMAs air Sunday, Aug. 24 at 9 p.m. ET on MTV Canada and Much, with several rebroadcasts throughout the week. The 2014 MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS RED CARPET SPECIAL will be shown on both channels at 8 p.m. ET.

Full Press Release including performers.

41 - 60 of 242 Posts