Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just read on several US entertainment sites that Resident Alien has been picked up for a second season. This is shown on CTV Sci Fi in Canada. I am ecstatic ! This is the funniest show on television,. Too bad CTV doesn't seem to realize what they have and are not promoting it. In the US, the premiere was shown across several NBC networks and is getting great ratings on the Syfy channel. Too bad CTV hasn't figured this out yet.
Agreed, I'm enjoying it as well. I noticed a decent amount of Bell promotion in January before it premiered but nothing since. Nonetheless, I'm pumped for season 2.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I've been watching Resident Alien as well. It's one of the best new shows on TV. Anyone who likes it may be interested in the movie Starman(1984) with Jeff Bridges as the alien. A lot of the fish out of water humour in Resident Alien appears to be based on the film.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
Interesting and unsettling. Time compression techniques are well known. They basically speed up the program in a way that goes unnoticed so that it airs in less time. Some stations and networks have done that with movies for decades. I doubt CTV is that sophisticated so it makes me wonder what we are missing. Is Resident Alien available uncut on Crave?

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
CTV Life Channel announced that production has begun on 25 half-hour episodes, including a holiday special, of new culinary series MARY MAKES IT EASY, hosted by Mary Berg. (Press Release)

----

The 10-episode BattleBots: Bounty Hunters was released on Discovery+ starting January 4 (Source) and will be shown on Discovery Canada starting Sunday, March 28 at 8 PM ET. This is the first new Discovery+ series or spinoff that has been picked up by either Bell Media or Corus AFAIK.

----

Deadliest Catch season 17 premieres Tuesday, April 20 on Discovery U.S. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
"Who's ready for a new season of Jade Fever? Stay tuned, we will be announcing the release date soon!" Posted Feb 26, 2021 @jadefevertv

----

People Magazine Investigates Season 5 premieres Monday, March 22 on Investigation Discovery U.S., featuring 12 all-new episodes. (Source) The Canadian channel is still showing reruns of season 4.

----

An all new season of How the Universe Works premieres Wednesday, March 24 on Science Channel U.S. (Source) Discovery Science is showing reruns of past seasons.

----

MTV U.S. announced the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards will return on Sunday, May 16. MTV will air the inaugural Movie & TV Awards: UNSCRIPTED (WT) on Monday, May 17. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
The CW announced that Superman & Lois will go on a brief hiatus starting Tuesday, March 30 due to a COVID-related production interruption earlier this season and will return to complete its first season on Tuesday, May 18.

----

I saw a lot of promos on Bell Media channels leading up the premiere of Resident Alien and for about a month afterwards. It's not available on Crave, but you can stream it from CTV.ca if you have a CTV Sci-Fi subscription, or watch it On-Demand until May 1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been watching Resident Alien as well. It's one of the best new shows on TV. Anyone who likes it may be interested in the movie Starman(1984) with Jeff Bridges as the alien. A lot of the fish out of water humour in Resident Alien appears to be based on the film.
Yikes, I am also old enough to have watched Starman as well and I remember liking it at the time.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch Series Premiere Wednesday, March 24 at 9 PM ET on Discovery Canada, post-U.S. January 1. (Showpage)

----

The Barrett-Jackson Live, Scottsdale Auction begins Wednesday, March 24th at 3PM ET and runs for 4 days. The event is typically held in January, but was delayed due to COVID-19. (Source) Discovery Velocity shows the auction live in Canada.

----

The Investigation Discovery Canada showpage for On the Case with Paula Zahn says the season will premiere March 28 at 10 PM ET, airing episodes from last winter. The U.S. channel will begin airing new episodes from season 21B in April. (Source)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Production of the fourth and final season of Killing Eve is scheduled to begin early this summer, filming in the U.K. and locations across Europe, with the eight-episode season to premiere next year. (Source) The series airs on CTV Drama in Canada and past seasons are available on Crave.

----

Comedy Central announced Hall of Flame: Top 100 Roast Moments, a brand new, weeklong event airing from March 29 to April 2 at 10PM ET. (Source) CTV Comedy will air the event at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
New Series on CTV Comedy Channel

CHAD
Series Premiere: Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT beginning April 6 (same day as TBS)

DOING THE MOST WITH PHOEBE ROBINSON Series Premiere: back-to-back episodes at 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Friday April 9. (same day as Comedy Central, 10 episodes)

WIPEOUT Series Reboot Premiere: Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT beginning April 15 (post-TBS April 1, 20 episodes)

See the press release for series descriptions.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
CTV Drama
Queen of the South
Season Premiere Sunday, April 11 at 9 PM ET
Rebel Friday, April 9 and 16 at 7 PM ET (encore, one day after ABC/CTV)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Paramount+ announced season two of STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS will premiere on Thursday, August 12 and was renewed for a 10-episode third season. (Bell Media Press Release)

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY season four will premiere in 2021. (Bell Media Press Release)

STAR TREK: PICARD season two will premiere in 2022. (Bell Media Press Release)

All 3 series air on CTV Sci-Fi Channel and stream on Crave.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Much confirmed on Twitter that the American Dad! Season Premiere is Monday, April 19 at 10 PM ET.

They also mentioned that Season 4 of Most Ridiculous debuted April 1 at 10 PM ET. You can catch up on the latest episodes on CTV.ca and the CTV app.

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Bell Media is now including the 5 Discovery-related channels in the CTV app and CTV.ca. (Related Post) I was able to confirm the following premieres.

Discovery Canada
Deadliest Catch
Premieres April 20 at 8 PM ET. (same date as U.S.)
Jade Fever Premieres April 26 at 10 PM ET.
Naked And Afraid XL Premieres May 30 at 9 PM ET.

Investigation Discovery
Fear Thy Neighbor
Premieres April 28 at 9 PM ET. (post-U.S. April 15, U.S. Press Release)
People Magazine Investigates Premieres May 10 at 10 PM ET. (post-U.S. March 22)
Web of Lies Premieres May 24 at 10 PM ET. (post-U.S. April 19)

Discovery Velocity
Texas Metal
Premieres May 18 at 9 PM ET (post-U.S. March 3)

Discovery Science
If We Built It Today
Premiere Friday, April 9 at 9 PM ET. (U.S. Press Release)

Animal Planet
Pit Bulls & Parolees
Premieres May 21 at 8 PM ET (post-U.S. April 3, U.S. Press Release)

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Gold Rush: Dave Turin's Lost Mine Premieres May 4 at 8/9 PM ET on Discovery Canada.
(post-U.S. March 19, U.S. Press Release)

----

The following don't have a Canadian premiere date yet.
Bering Sea Gold returns April 30 on Discovery U.S. (Source)
Expedition X returns April 14 on Discovery U.S. (Source)
Deadliest Catch: Bloodline Premiering April 20 on Discovery+. (Source)

101 - 120 of 128 Posts