Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
@Inglewood TSN GO is available to subscribers of many providers. If you click on "Video Sign In" on this link and put Cogeco in as your provider, you get this advice:
Your television service provider is not yet a GO partner. The good news is, GO is available to all providers, so check back soon to see if they have chosen to offer GO.

To help speed up the process, contact your provider to encourage them to partner with GO.

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
Space GO and Bravo GO Expand Programming

Bell Media announced today that Space GO and Bravo GO now offers expanded programming to subscribers of participating distribution partners, including Bell, Bell Aliant, Rogers and Telus, and soon Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct. Available on iOS and Android devices, as well as Space.ca and Bravo.ca, the Space GO and Bravo GO apps allows subscribers to engage with hundreds of hours of premium content, offering full-season or multiple-stacked episodes, in addition to live streaming. Non-subscribers continue to have sampling access to a selection of Space and Bravo programming.

Bravo viewers now have the opportunity to catch-up on the full seasons of big buzz exclusive series THE HANDMAID’S TALE and UNDERGROUND. Rolling stacks of episodes are available for the new series CHANCE, starring Hugh Laurie; PRETTY LITTLE LIARS and FAMOUS IN LOVE; and the upcoming seasons of SUITS (July 12), QUEEN OF THE SOUTH (July 18), and SHOOTER (July 18).

Space viewers can enjoy a full season catch-up on the latest season of DOCTOR WHO, which will remain available for a nearly a month after its season finale. Also available as full seasons or as stacked episodes are the upcoming new seasons of Space original series DARK MATTER (June 9), WYNONNA EARP (June 9), ORPHAN BLACK (June 10), and KILLJOYS (June 30). Season 12 of smash-hit, fan favourite FACE OFF (June 13) will offer viewers stacked episodes, as well as the all-new grinder series, BLOOD DRIVE (June 14).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
CTV Go On Android TV Box

I installed CTV Go on my Android TV Box from The Google Play Store. When I try to use it I keep getting a message that App won't work on rooted tv box. Global Go and City Apps work fine. Anyone else run into this problem? Anyone know how to get around this problem?

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
@cyclist44 I moved your post to this thread. I don't think there's a way around it - I'm actually surprised the other apps don't check, since the version of Android on those TV boxes is a hack of the mobile version.

In addition to computers, the following platforms are supported:

iPad, iPod and iPhone running iOS 8.0+ with AirPlay
Android tablets and smartphones running version 4.0+
Xbox One
Samsung SmartTV and blu-ray players with Samsung Smart Hub: 2014 – 2018
Apple TV 4+, OS version 9.0+

CTV App supports Chromecast and AirPlay Mirroring. Official AirPlay support is not currently available.

Source: SYSTEM AND PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
@cyclist44, Is it just some programs or all programs? Some streamed programming is only licensed for small screens such as phones and tablets. As soon as the device is connected to a big screen with HDMI the content is blocked. The same content may also be blocked for casting. That's not because Android is hacked, it's because the content owner does not want the content streamed to a big screen. It's a feature added for content owners, not a bug.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Had the same issue. Here's what I did...

If Google Play is working on your box AND you got CTV GO from there, uninstall it.

You may also have Aptoide installed on your box, if not, install it. Look for a version of CTV GO on there that is an older version, maybe 1 or 2 versions older. Install the older version and give it a try. Mine worked fine.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thanks Congo. I did a google search and was able to find version 2.3.1 and now I can watch it. The current Version 2.4 won't work on my android tv box.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts