Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
ethanhines, I believe the post you are quoting is talking about watching shows that were carried by CTV and a U.S. channel, so they were watching the U.S. version.

Probably the best you can get for free is a delayed newscast at http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/

·
Registered
662 Posts
It's obviously easier to find free US and UK live channel feeds, but FilmOn (will be killed if Aereo loses in court) provides some CTV live streams from various cities that are also illegally redistributed (usually in Standard Def) to other websites. I haven't come across a live CTV Montreal stream, but they have Calgary and some other locations scattered around the net that do work.

It's obviously best to have HD feeds, but beggars can't be choosers.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
CTV GO now available for Shaw Cable TV and Shaw Direct

CTV GO is now available for Shaw Cable TV and Shaw Direct customers that subscribe to CTV.

Available on iOS, Android devices and online from the CTV website, customers can watch CTV and CTV Two live and On Demand from their phone, tablet or computer.

Login and support information: https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-3092.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
Bell Media Launches Super Écran GO

Bell Media launched today Super Écran GO, a new service for instant and unlimited access to Super Écran programming from a computer (Mac or PC), iPhone, or iPad, and soon from Android devices. With Super Écran GO, subscribers can view recent films and exclusive series on demand, where and when they like and on the platform of their choice, at no additional cost. Super Écran GO is the newest addition to Bell Media’s slate of TV Everywhere products and the company’s first French-language GO app. The service is currently available to Bell TV, Videotron, and Cogeco Cable Canada subscribers, representing 90% of Super Écran subscribers.

Super Écran GO also gives Cinépop subscribers access to a selection of classic and hit films with Cinépop GO.

Offered free to Super Écran subscribers, Super Écran GO provides access to nearly 500 hours of high definition quality content, including Hollywood hits such as THOR: THE DARK WORLD, CAPTAIN PHILLIPS, and RUSH; acclaimed Canadian productions such as GABRIELLE; exclusive HBO and Showtime series (GAME OF THRONES SEASON 4, RAY DONOVAN); and film classics from Cinépop*.

“The launch of Super Écran GO is part of Bell Media’s commitment to offer Quebecers content of unparalleled quality across multiple platforms,” said Charles Benoît, President, Television and Radio, Bell Media – Québec. “This new service represents the best in selection, flexibility, and user-friendliness.”

Over the coming months, additional Bell Media properties will launch their own GO products, including Ztélé, Canal D, Canal Vie, and VRAK TV.

Super Écran GO is available from its website, superecrango.com or by downloading the Super Écran GO app from the App Store.

* Available to Cinépop subscribers.

Press Release.

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is good for bell, but I am with bell aliant. I would love to see bell aliant adopt the same , would be good for us on bell aliant

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rogers TV Anyplace has just switched so it is now only available to digital customers

Last straw...going to get my antenna this week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I absolutely love that bell is doing this now. I work until 6 pm and don't get home until 7, so I can now watch my news anytime I wish.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
CTV.ca and the CTV GO App Now Streaming Hit Summer Movies Throughout August

This month, CTV is delivering summer movies on CTV.ca/movies and the CTV GO app, completely free to consumers with no login required.

TRANSFORMERS (2007) – Available until Aug. 15 – Canadian online exclusive

JUSTIN BIEBER: NEVER SAY NEVER (2011) – Available until Aug. 15 –Canadian online exclusive

ALMOST FAMOUS (2000) – Available until Aug. 15

FOOTLOOSE (1984) – Available until Aug. 15

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN (2009) – Available until Aug. 16–30 Canadian online exclusive

TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON (2011) – Available Aug. 16-29 – Canadian online exclusive

INDECENT PROPOSAL (1993) – Available Aug. 16-30

MAJOR LEAGUE (1989) – Available Aug. 16-30

Full Press Release.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
That's exactly why I don't own a ROKU or Appletv. They don't have enough support in Canada. I believe CTV GO has an Android app for Android media players, tablets and phones. A Windows HTPC is the option that I use.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
TELUS Optik TV customers get complete access to CTV GO

TELUS Optik TV customers can now enjoy complete access to CTV GO TV Everywhere platform at no extra cost. TELUS Optik TV customers can now watch live CTV and CTV Two programming, whenever and wherever they are on their phone, tablet, or computer. Additionally, subscribers have access to thousands of hours of full-length on demand coverage during the year. TELUS subscribers now join Bell FIBE, Bell TV, Shaw Cable, and Shaw Direct customers with access to CTV GO, making the platform accessible by close to 6 million Canadians.

TELUS subscribers can download the free CTV GO app from the App Store (www.AppStore.com/CTVGO) and Google Play on their iOS and Android devices. Subscribers can also access CTV GO by visiting CTV.ca/CTVGO through their chosen web-browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox).

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
TSN GO Now Available to Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct Subscribers

TSN today announced that TSN subscribers with Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct can now access live stream and full-length, on demand coverage of the network’s diverse roster of the biggest events in sports via TSN GO, part of Bell Media’s suite of TV Everywhere services.

TSN GO gives TSN subscribers with Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct the freedom to watch multiple TSN feeds from their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge.

In addition to being available to Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct customers, TSN GO is also currently available to Bell, FibreOP TV (Bell Aliant), Northern Tel, Rogers, and Source Cable customers who subscribe to TSN. More distribution partners are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Full Press Release.

·
Super Moderator
16,395 Posts
I noticed that the CTV Go web site now includes logins for the following:

Bell Aliant FibreOP
Bell FibreOP
NorthernTel FibreOP

New TSN logins for:

Cable Cable
NorthernTel FibreOP
Sasktel
Source Cable

I haven't seen announcements for the above from Bell Media.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts