Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Posts Merged

Several posts have been moved here from another thread on this topic. FYI

·
Registered
51 Posts
Crave TV how??

Just wondering what Satellite receivers will be able to access Crave? I still have a 3100 active in my house (bedroom/study), so would it access Crave or only on my HDPVR?

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Support for tablets, phones, xbox, PC's, cable STB and Samsung Smart TV's. No indication of Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku support.
From the press release:
In addition, CraveTV will be available at launch on iOS, including Airplay, as well as Android handsets and tablets via the CraveTV app, and online at CraveTV.ca. And early next year CraveTV will be available on the Xbox gaming consoles, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Samsung Smart TVs, and Chromecast.
Airplay works for Apple TV, but Apple won't release the development kit for native Apple TV apps to anyone outside the U.S. Bell Media is still in discussions with Apple on the subject.

At $4/month, it looks like the majority of their content will be from broadcast TV.
That's true, but about 10% is HBO - "850 hours of past scripted programming alone, as well as hundreds of hours of HBO movies, documentaries, and stand-up and music specials", plus other series that originated on specialty channels, such as MASTERS OF SEX, NURSE JACKIE, HOMELAND, GRACELAND, THE FALL, DALLAS, THE LAST SHIP, 19-2 and UTOPIA.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Just wondering what Satellite receivers will be able to access Crave? I still have a 3100 active in my house (bedroom/study), so would it access Crave or only on my HDPVR?
None of their current receivers are able to access on demand content. It is possible that bell may upgrade the firmware if that is all that is needed, but very unlikely.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In response to Viper550's comment, I could not have said it better myself.

Talk about being on the wrong side of history.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Bell's though is the only one tied to the TV account.

Currently, SHOMI for rogers is not.
while in BETA, its still tied to being a rogers/shaw customer, but avail to TV or Internet subscribers.
And after beta, plans to release to outside of rogers customers.

Crave.. is really just a Paid for, fuller content, OD service?

·
Registered
140 Posts
yyzlhr said:
Why would Bell cater to cord cutters? They're trying to patch the bleeding due to the increase of cord cutters.
Because they could "patch the bleeding" by selling them something they actually want.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am with Bell Fibe and they have already add an "coming soon" screen at channel 1310.

But it's not with old reruns of this and old reruns of that, that they will get me interested in paying an additional 4$.

I'm not a subscriber of Netflix but every time I look to maybe subscribe, independent and foreign films, series like japanese anime that I would never see on traditional TV, was certainly something that I was interested in. Right now, it doesn't seems like CraveTv will offer anything like that. Twin Peaks, it's the only thing remotely interesting (and that I never saw) that seems available.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd be happy to pay twice that price, and I would at least check it out at three times that price. However, the real price is at least 11 times that the advertised price when you include a minimum $40 cable subscription, and that is going way too far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems to me that the vast majority of Bell TV customers still receive their programming from satellite receivers (I have a 9400) yet they will have no access to Crave TV. Seems rather short sighted on their part. I would be interested in it at a mere $4.00 a month but I am shite out of luck. By the way Fibe TV is not available where I live! :mad::mad:

·
Registered
467 Posts
It may not be available on the Satellite (I don't know), but if you are a satellite customer, could you not get it on your tv with an ap, or on your other devices as you would still be a subscriber?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was just checking to see if you could add CraveTV on-line (Bell Fibe) and found if you go into change programming and key in channel 1310 it brings up the option to add CreaveTV to your existing package for $4. It says it isn't available until December 11th so I didn't add it at this time.

I guess my main question at this time is if you are recording 3 HD programmes can you still watch CreaveTV and if two people are watching CraveTV on different TVs what impact does this have on recording other shows?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Because they could "patch the bleeding" by selling them something they actually want.
Yes that makes perfect sense from our perspective, but unfortunately this would go against the current industry's business model. Offering access to the new VOD service without an existing satellite subscription would actually encourage cord cutting. Why would you pay the full satellite subscription costs, when everything you want is on the cheaper service that better reflects your needs?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Was talking to a CSR earlier and Crave TV will be on the air on Dec 11 at a cost of $4.00 per month but if you have TMN package it will will be free as long as you have the TMN package on your account.
I see you are in NB. What provider do you have? I just got off chat with Telus and they say that Crave is $4 / month and is NOT included in The Movie Network package.

101 - 120 of 553 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.