Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bell 1.2 meter dish and wondering if I can use the bell Lnb with my captive works fta and try and get some fta ( true fta not from 82 or 91 or any dishnet sats)

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I think most FTA sats use vertical/horizontal polarity. Bell uses circular polarity so the answer would typically be no. It should be possible to use an FTA LNB with that dish for Ku band though. There are other issues such as voltage vs tone switching. Bell uses voltage.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I put an old Starchoice LNBF on a Bell Triple Beam 75E Dish and used that to pick up FTA signals.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dishnet is the USA based subscription service equivalent to Bell TV. As such, it is encrypted (Nag 3) and would require a proper sub card and receiver to view.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I put an old Starchoice LNBF on a Bell Triple Beam 75E Dish and used that to pick up FTA signals.
I have Bell LNBs on a Starchoice 75e dish. What are the odds? :D

BTW, I think those triple LNB 75e dishes were originally made for DirecTV but can be used for any DBS BDU. If it's the one I am thinking of, it's identical to the *C 75e, except for the LNB bracket.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Bell uses 20 Inch (50 cm) dishes... if you have a 120 cm dish, then it's most likely not a Bell dish.. so the LNB might be the right one for FTA.

However I have heard of 120 cm Bell dishes being used in Newfoundland and Labrador. Also Bell did use Anik E2, a linear satellite, when it first started, between 1997 & 1999, after which they moved to their own satellite Nimiq 1.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have Bell LNBs on a Starchoice 75e dish. What are the odds?
I recovered 3 of them recently, after upgrades on buildings in Toronto, they are great solid Dish's, just have to work out what birds I can hit with them, only using 1 LNBF currently aimed at Galaxy 19.

@HDTV101, the standard Bell TV Dish is 20" (51cm) that is correct, however they also stock and supply, 60cm, 75cm, 90cm, 1m, 1.2m, and 2.4m. Pretty sure there are other but these I know of for certain. None of the Dish's above 75cm are Bell Branded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starchoice LNB

hey guys,

Will the reverse work??? I have a starchoice setup (75E) but it's not a good enough signal for HDTV (stupid Nunavut). Will my lnb work on a 1.2m bell dish do you think??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts