Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I got BEV a short while ago and the technician came and installed the system while I was at work.

I've played around sats for a little while now and I have a setup that I don't understand. I currently have two receivers, a noraml defenition and a HD PVR. What I don't understand is how come I only have two cables coming from LNB''s at the dish with no switch installed. The two cables run directly into the house, one going straight to the regular receiver and the other to the HD PVR where it is split into two feeds for the twin receiver PVR. Nowhere do I see a switch of any kind .....

What I expected to see where four cables with two SW21 switches !!

I wanted to add a third receiver but, when I seen this setup I didn't know where to start...

Any assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
You have a DPP Twin with a built in switch and a separator at your HD PVR. Bell finally adopted this 6 year old technology recently.

Adding a third receiver will require new switch at least - a DPP44.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
peano is exactly correct, adding another tuner now means buying your own DPP44 etc, as bell do not yet use these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responce....

That makes sence, where would I install the switch ?
If I use a DPP44 I will only have two feeds to put into it is that okay ?
Do I need to put both feeds into it ?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The DPP44 switch can be anywhere between the LNB head and your receiver. If possible put it indoors out of the weather but if is ok outside as well. Note that the DPP44 switch uses a power inserter on output port #1 so you will need an AC plug for the power inserter's power supply, that is another reason why it is nice to have the switch inside the house.

You need to put the two feeds to the switch, one for 82W and one for 91W.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what keeps confusing me ... seeing as the LNB has a built in switch, doesn't that mean that 82 & 91 are on both lines ?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Yes they are but as soon as the switch is installed each line becomes dedicated to a particular Sat, the switch makes this happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay I see .... so I would now have to run two feeds to my dual receiver PVR instead of having the splitter that is there now ?

If there is a power inserter on output port #1 of the DPP44 switch, does it matter which receiver I hook up to it ?

Any suggestions on that ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.